Fluorite Nightmare

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mine finally settled, but the minute I move the stuff around at all my tank is a big mud mess again.

Tony, I went thru hours of rinsing 3 bags of fluorite myself and was still cleaning my Emperor HOT every other nite for nearly 2 weeks as the real fine dust was still being sucked up by it. I highly advise you check whatever filtration you have hooked up. I had a haze in my tank for over a week as I kept cleaning my filter.

All in all, my plants are doing ok in my non-co2 setup so I would say it was worth all the work. No LFS in a 50 mile radius had Eco Complete, so I stuck with fluorite as I didn't want to pay for shipping.

Should I try a gravel vac? I use a python and I don't want it getting jammed up with the actual gravel part of the flourite

I tried it and I got a bunch of murky water, but its like there is no end in sight. I can't believe I've never seen a thread like this one here until AFTER I got mine :?

Back
Top Bottom