Fluval 3.0 is ultra bright

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Potluck

Aquarium Advice Addict
I need to figure out how to turn it down but keep the same color spectrum (6500k) [emoji15][emoji15]

Make sure the quality setting is on 1080, phone makes it seem more washed out than it actually is lol, my auto white balance was going crazy [emoji15][emoji15]

https://youtu.be/k_N2JwckETo

Well, you got a LIGHT on that tank now!!!

Which length light for which length tank again? I don't notice any dim/dark corners there!
48" for a 55 gallon (48") the light is actually a bit smaller than 48, there are some spots that are dark but I think that's because if my lid plastic pieces at the back of the tank, I have it turned down also, a friend measured her 36" on a 55 gallon and it was 51 par at 18" mine should be 60-65+

Wouldn't it be nice if there were a reasonably priced (like 29.99- I might go 49.99) accurate PAR meter which could measure IN the water?

So now that you have light, you get to set up a program for running it right?

This seems good so far. Will stay tuned for the algae management, hahaha. Maybe by the time you get it all worked out I will want one of these :)

Wouldn't it be nice if there were a reasonably priced (like 29.99- I might go 49.99) accurate PAR meter which could measure IN the water?

So now that you have light, you get to set up a program for running it right?

This seems good so far. Will stay tuned for the algae management, hahaha. Maybe by the time you get it all worked out I will want one of these :)
I have it set up already, the ramp for sunrise starts at 10:30 am and finishes at 12, light stays on with pink @100%,blue @35%, cold white at 35%, pure white @ 50% and warm at 75% until 7pm and ramps down until 8:45 then night comes on with 14% blue, 1% pink looks great.

Night mode https://imgur.com/a/0AewtjX

Fun light to mess with ..
I love my 3.0s....
Mine ramps for over 3 hours each way ! I love setting every bit of it...

Fun light to mess with ..
I love my 3.0s....
Mine ramps for over 3 hours each way ! I love setting every bit of it...
I was going to do 2.5 hour ramps as they said they are much smoother, do you find a 3 hour ramp is a smoother transition than say a 1:45 min one?

I am never home to see them ramp up ,but figured the sun rises early before blasting the helpful rays so I just thought a slow climb to peak and decline was natural...
IMO I am not running my lights for 14-16 hours but more like 6 tops ?
I only run full sun from noon till 5-6.. I don't think one of the colors is over 75-80% at peak..
I like the pink and use it at night with the blue set at 1% each...
A way better light then finnex 24/7 IMO..
I am not even tech savvy and the app makes it easy to change and adjust...
The preview the light/app offers is pretty cool.

I am never home to see them ramp up ,but figured the sun rises early before blasting the helpful rays so I just thought a slow climb to peak and decline was natural...
IMO I am not running my lights for 14-16 hours but more like 6 tops ?
I only run full sun from noon till 5-6.. I don't think one of the colors is over 75-80% at peak..
I like the pink and use it at night with the blue set at 1% each...
A way better light then finnex 24/7 IMO..
I am not even tech savvy and the app makes it easy to change and adjust...
The preview the light/app offers is pretty cool.
Yeah for sure, I have mine on for 7 full with 1hr 45 min ramps sunrise /sunset , I have mine on 100% pink/35% blue /35% cool light /50% pure white/75% warm, looks amazing.

my bn comes out way more when it's night with this new light than he did with the other one, I do have blue at at 14% but the tank is still dark and pink at 1%

And yes way better than the finnex

I’d keep an eye out for algae and reduce the light duration as needed. That’s a lot of light.
Yeah I look closely at the tank multiple times a day, it's only been 2 days but nothing so far

Looks good, now you just need to fill up the back with some stem plants. Keep topping you ludwigia and replanting, should fill in nicely with the upgraded light.

Looks good, now you just need to fill up the back with some stem plants. Keep topping you ludwigia and replanting, should fill in nicely with the upgraded light.
tyvm Bout to order some bushier greens for the background(haven't decided which yet) , I have to wait to move plants around due to the transition they are going through from the new light, but I'm going to move the repens all together like a spread then the money wart together like a spread breaking them up with the bushier greens, going to line the background plants(Ludwigia, money wart, bushier foliage) with my Wendtii reds and plant buce around the base of the Texas holey rock as well as maybe some dwarf sag, also going to attach a Nana petite to the rock and lightly moss it as well as the branches of the drift wood.

Back
Top Bottom