Fluval 404 keeps getting clogged

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fisherjoe

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So i have a 75 gallon planted tank that i am currently running 2 fluval 404s on. I can a good flow of water coming out of thespray bar for the first wekk after cleaning the filters but they seem to get clogged with debris very fast after about a week i have lost about 50% of my flow rate. Anyone know a solution to all of this debris getting sucked up into the filters? Or why they get clogged so fast? Other filters to try? Thanks!

The intake on my ACs gets clogged up with plant debris pretty quickly. I usually pull the intake tube off every week and PWC time and clear them out.

Fisherjoe said:
So i have a 75 gallon planted tank that i am currently running 2 fluval 404s on. I can a good flow of water coming out of thespray bar for the first wekk after cleaning the filters but they seem to get clogged with debris very fast after about a week i have lost about 50% of my flow rate. Anyone know a solution to all of this debris getting sucked up into the filters? Or why they get clogged so fast? Other filters to try? Thanks!

That model has adjustable flow, so if both are getting clogged at the same rate, maybe try cutting the flow down a little bit on one and see if it improves. Also are you running standard media and setup or did you customize it? That's an area I'd look at too. Just some suggestions and hope you get it resolved.

Back
Top Bottom