Fluval AquaSky LED?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Prediscus23

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just bought the new Fluval Aquasky LED light for my 15 gallon planted tank. I've been looking all over the net trying to see if this is any good for planted tanks but I can't find anything.

Low tech tank

Has anyone had any experiences with this Fixture?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well it depends on what plants you want to grow under that light and depth of your water. If you grow strong light plant, then I don't think it t be enough. But one thing good about it is, it claim the white LED is 6500K, and which has very good color rendering on plants. Red plants will show more red.

I'm currently using one on my 29 gallon tank. With the setting that has all the LEDs going full bore I am getting good growth on an ozelot sword, cryp. retrospiralis, lots of wisteria, pennywort, and a wad of java moss.

The fixture is an 18 watt led so, that puts me at 1.2 wpg. The tank is only 12" tall. I am getting good light penetration to the aquarium floor. I'm starting with all low light plants until I see how well the fixture works.

It's a very cool light. If anyone isn't familiar with it, look on YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom