Fluval Ebi Shrimp Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay... where to start.. well since the last time I posted I got a ton of new plants. I got Fissidens which I glued onto a metal mesh for a carpet, however I ordered actual stainless steal mesh because I'm afraid of rusting. Also I chopped down the AR (which was just an experiment to begin with) and planted them farther back. Then I got an amazon sword, wisteria, dwarf sag, bacopa, a red tiger lotus, an Anubias petite, and Christmas moss glued to my DW. I planted everything before I put the DW back in because it kept getting in my way but now it's blocking the light to the AR. So later in the week I'm going to get a new lamp and put it on the side or something so that the AR can receive some light. I'm still using no ferts or CO2.

Lookin good... Just a warning... The amazon sword will get huge and probably fill the entire tank... Did Joey not tell you this...? :lol: I think the red tiger lotus might look a little too big in this size tank as well... Anyways, I'm lookin forward to seeing this grow out! (y)

Lookin good... Just a warning... The amazon sword will get huge and probably fill the entire tank... Did Joey not tell you this...? :lol: I thin the red tiger lotus might look a little too big in this size tank as well... Anyways, I'm lookin forward to seeing this grow out! (y)

Hahaha I definately told her this, bill! She insisted on having the "cute baby amazon sword in the tank". The tiger lotus and the alternanthera reneckii are just experiments. Haha. I'm not even sure they'll get enough light and we may have to pull them.

Well, the cute baby amazon sword will eventually be a humongous pain in the... Well, you know. I'm not so much worried about it getting big, as I am about eventually pulling it out. Those things grow huge root systems that will probably span this entire tank... You'll end up uprooting everything if you eventually decide to yank it out... :hide:

Well, the cute baby amazon sword will eventually be a humongous pain in the... Well, you know. I'm not so much worried about it getting big, as I am about eventually pulling it out. Those things grow huge root systems that will probably span this entire tank... You'll end up uprooting everything if you eventually decide to yank it out... :hide:

Yeah, sadly, I know. I had on in my 5 gallon and I ripped it up because it was putting out 5 new leaves a week, and the roots pulled everything else in the tank. The roots were like 2 feet long. :/

So im thinking about using my 10 gallon tank for breeding OEBTs and yellow fires , nothing special with the scape, only some moss and Anubias. Then I would have PRLS in my planted tank along with some other neo. What other neo breed would complement PRLS?

Hahaha I definately told her this, bill! She insisted on having the "cute baby amazon sword in the tank". The tiger lotus and the alternanthera reneckii are just experiments. Haha. I'm not even sure they'll get enough light and we may have to pull them.

Haha but i didnt wanna just throw it out! :(

Wow...u and Joey are planning on some awesome shrimp. Hope to buy some offspring sometime down the road!

How about either pumpkins, carbon rili, blue rili, or blue jelly shrimp?

Wow...u and Joey are planning on some awesome shrimp. Hope to buy some offspring sometime down the road!

How about either pumpkins, carbon rili, blue rili, or blue jelly shrimp?

yes definitely! I can't wait to get started:D ooh blue jelly shrimp would be very cool.. maybe I'll do those

Just got my stainless steel mesh in! Im about to transfer the fissidens right now:)

Attachments

• image-4236938494.jpg
    image-4236938494.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 42
Officially done with all my planting, i just finished replanting the fissidens onto stainless steel mesh with 2 extra rectangles:)

Attachments

• image-3606603198.jpg
    image-3606603198.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 44
  • image-517027461.jpg
    image-517027461.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 47
  • image-1762151648.jpg
    image-1762151648.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 51
I got the mesh from some guy on The Planted Tank, Joey ordered it for me so youd have to ask him what his name was:/ I dont remember.

Is my red tiger lotus dying? I just recently put it in a few days ago and it looks like its dying but i don't know

Attachments

• image-2476053301.jpg
    image-2476053301.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 46
oh okay thanks.. I got scared for a sec because its one of my favorites in my tank so far.. hopefully it'll bounce back alright :)

oh okay thanks.. I got scared for a sec because its one of my favorites in my tank so far.. hopefully it'll bounce back alright :)

Yup! Things take time and patience in this hobby... It's been almost a month since I rescaped my tank, and I'm still waiting for the plants to completely recover... Then, once everything looks great, you have to trim and it'll look like crap all over again! :lol:

yeahh I'm working on my patience:/ lol I can't waitttt for my Fissidens and Christmas moss to grow in:) but once everything grows out would I have to trim everything back that much to the point it looks crappy again?:(

Back
Top Bottom