Fluval Ebi Shrimp Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha oh. Okay good.. I probably sound stupid but Im still new to the hobby and didnt know if i was missing something.. :/ hah

Haha oh. Okay good.. I probably sound stupid but Im still new to the hobby and didnt know if i was missing something.. :/ hah

No stupid questions. Sometimes it will look like crap, sometimes it won't. Sometimes you'll have some die off, and sometimes you won't. It's just the nature of the beast.

Everything seems to be coming in nicely :)

Attachments

• image-2099025328.jpg
    image-2099025328.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 58
Looking great! I'm thinking of doing something similar with moss to get a carpet going but I think the mesh showing through would bug me! I'm so fussy!

I'm pulling my EBI down sometime this week, I lost my gourami to it after it wouldn't cycle! I'm thinking the culprit was the fluval shrink stratum that came with it was somehow adding ammonia since it was the only thing I changed. Ah well. Gonna start all over again!

You could always add a second stock light to it like I have, would bump up your options in plants :D

Looking great! I'm thinking of doing something similar with moss to get a carpet going but I think the mesh showing through would bug me! I'm so fussy!

I'm pulling my EBI down sometime this week, I lost my gourami to it after it wouldn't cycle! I'm thinking the culprit was the fluval shrink stratum that came with it was somehow adding ammonia since it was the only thing I changed. Ah well. Gonna start all over again!

You could always add a second stock light to it like I have, would bump up your options in plants :D

Yes!! it bothers me too:/ I'm so impatient. I wish it would grow in right away:( Mine is also taking forever to cycle.. I'm using AS though and that leaches ammonia also.. However when my bf starts his new tank he will be giving me his old filter and light (which has a higher wattage) so hopefully the bacteria in the filter will jump start the cycle. It's been up and running for 2 weeks almost and It's still not cycled. ;(

my tank is finally starting to cycle! I'm so excited:D I want to get some PRLS in there so badly

Back
Top Bottom