Fluval FX6, how to go about this beast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Btw 2 1/2in tubes does not equal 1 1in tube in terms of flow capability. Actually, you would need 4 1/2 in tubes to have the same flow of a single 1in tube.

I'm not sure I understand the significane of your statement?

I just typed in a dissertation (recommendation) and got an error while sending. Errr.

Anyhow, what I was going to suggest was in a revised design, on the non reactor side swap out the PVC-to-barb elbows with 1" PVC elbows and connect those with a 1" PVC tube. Add a 1" PVC ball valve somewhere along the length of the 1" PVC tube so that you can control the flow going through the 1" PVC tube (and indirectly, through the CO2 reactor). That way you maintain adequate flow on the return side and control how much water goes through the reactor.

Btw 2 1/2in tubes does not equal 1 1in tube in terms of flow capability. Actually, you would need 4 1/2 in tubes to have the same flow of a single 1in tube.

Where were you when I was Home Depot buying supplies?

I know this will reduce flow, good, a fx6 on a 75 gallon tank is massive turnover and massive flow even with a spray bar.

Hey if it works that's all that matters!!! You won't have any problems with the CO2 not being distributed throughout the tank!

That's what I'm thinking, we will see when I connect it all a little later.

Oh mine looks nothing like that lol. I used gorilla glue as a seal, not the best idea and not the cleanest, but it worked! I had a leak early on but I sealed itself in a week. Mine utilizes the the 2 1/2 inch tubing from a gravel vac attached to PVC. Ill put up a pic later but for now ill show you the vid I followed
http://youtu.be/S7DizERmyI0

Well with this I can use the inline atomizer I was using before, I've thrown out the reactor idea for now after getting glue on my couch I through it in the trash before I could throw it out a window haha. I watched that video too and tried to follow it but my understanding of it is that the reactor tub has to be larger than the tubes that the filter uses, this is a big piece of equipment when you can put it hidden in a stand.

I just typed in a dissertation (recommendation) and got an error while sending. Errr.

Anyhow, what I was going to suggest was in a revised design, on the non reactor side swap out the PVC-to-barb elbows with 1" PVC elbows and connect those with a 1" PVC tube. Add a 1" PVC ball valve somewhere along the length of the 1" PVC tube so that you can control the flow going through the 1" PVC tube (and indirectly, through the CO2 reactor). That way you maintain adequate flow on the return side and control how much water goes through the reactor.

I'll keep that and you in mind when I decide to try again, I know I'll be looking for people who know what they're doing the next time I try it haha

Back
Top Bottom