Foggy tank??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The BB will die back to the amount of ammonia being produced in the tank. No ammonia (food) no bacteria.

1) A UV sterilizer is a $50 solution to a problem that can likely be fixed by patience at first, and if it turns into GW then you can try some other things first (blackout, etc).

2) Why is your nitrate 0? Are you not dosing anything for macros? What's your dosing regimen?

3)
The BB will die back to the amount of ammonia being produced in the tank. No ammonia (food) no bacteria.

No, not really. He's got a few shrimp in there, so there's probably plenty of BB. Bacteria reproduce on a exponential scale, so there's really not that much of a difference between two shrimp and a whole lot of shrimp in the grand scheme of things.

4)
I accidentally dumped a bunch of excel in the tank and it wiped all but 2 of the shrimp out

When was this? How long has it been cloudy? Done anything different lately?

I actually was dosing flourish 2 times a week but I stopped dosing a week ago. The overdose was about a month ago and I have done several large PWCs since. I guess I will start dosing flourish again.

Back
Top Bottom