For ten dollars i got this....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaCheatah

Aquarium Advice Activist
An extra size "soft ball" of Java Moss

Came with what I think is duckweed
Is it???

Was thinking of dumping it in

But just wanna make sure if this is what I think it is

my LFS owner was nice to let me know at the end "hey there is something extra in there"

not knowing duckweed was in the menu

all i asked was for 10 dollars worth of java moss and i got
this

sorry but was anticipated for a large amount of java this weekend
but ran short on hope so i went to the locals to get me some

wha yall think hefty size good amount or is my lfs owner to nice

Attachments

• image-338552945.jpg
    image-338552945.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 178
  • image-2076286520.jpg
    image-2076286520.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 216
yea i had to get some cause my fry have no hiding spots and java seems to do the trick in the past

but good looking on the info

i thought it look like it but was not sure

yea all i do is ask "lemme get 10 dollars worth "
and i get this no tax included

now i learned a good lesson
to have ye faith to the LFS

Going to go get more

Attachments

• image-738130911.jpg
    image-738130911.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 170
  • image-3810770165.jpg
    image-3810770165.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 164
Sorry, but ouch. Get rid of the duckweed while you can. It's more invasive than kudzu. If you had a good customer experience, than it was a good deal. I personally wouldn't consider that nearly $10 worth of java moss though.

trust me,you dont need more.my mom got a tiny piece of this stuff a while ago(with the common pleco petsmart sold us)and has it in her 60.after 5-6 months,it grew from the size of a quarter to covering most of the bottom.shes still got about half the bottom covered,despite her efforts to keep it controlled.i put some in my 10 gallon frog tank,and it grew from just over the size of my fist,to covering half of it.in 2-3 months.how high is your lighting?

Really HN1

Well idk what I got in the mail today was half the size of that at the same price

And yea I couldn't get any more cause he closed shop for the day when I went to go see the shutters were down

Let see how this bunch turns out

I want some! I have never seen any java moss for sale in any of my lfs! I guess I'll have to ask the next time I go. I know my petco doesn't sell it, which is where I usually get my fish supplies.

Anyone know if goldies eat java moss? Probably huh? I've always wanted something to put in there that they won't eat. Can't afford to keep buying nice plants only to have it get eaten. I know that live plants are good for them but they are going to have to get by with zucchini, romaine and peas!

Those leaves that came with ur java could also be riccia can u send a better pic

Back
Top Bottom