foreground plants and water temperature

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rcguerra

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I recently purchased some baby tears to my 7.7g aquacube (with enough lighting and daily carbon) but my tank is set as a betta tank. Being the fish my priority, the water temperature is a constant 79F, and I was wondering if baby tears would thrive better on colder waters.

I believe I did a good job (for a newbie) properly planting them apart, but I am noticing at least 40% of the planted ones that are nicely developing roots being more yellow than green.

If for any reason baby tears end up not being a good fit for my tank, any recommendations for carpet-like foreground options?

Thank you.

PS: for the entire saga of my tank, please check:

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...e-perfect-luxury-home-for-a-betta-232349.html

Assuming you stay away from the extremes of temperature, most plants will be fine. There are very few plants that really have a temperature preference that will make a difference in whether they grow or not. If you have trouble growing a foreground, it will be because of other reasons, particularly co2.

For a 7.7 gallon aquacube that is currently lightly planted, I originally had 6 tabs for rooted plants, weekly dosage of liquid ferts and Iron as well as daily dosage of 2.5ml of Excel.

I believe I have to give time to time.

Back
Top Bottom