FresH2O's 20g planted rescape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Buce is showing up here more. So far I'm not hugely successful with it, the anubias is doing better, but opens up some new real estate for plants in mine.

Last edited:
Buce is showing up here more. So far I'm not hugely successful with it, the anubias is doing better, but opens up some new real estate for plants in mine.

Where have u got buce from dela? I've been looking for ages!

Where have u got buce from dela? I've been looking for ages!

I have been seeing buces for sale on Facebook pages for planted aquariums.
I saw a rather large package for sale yesterday on one of them.
Most are done as an auction.
Here is the post.
IMG_4168.jpg

Buces have piqued my interest on more than one occasion. I have places in the crevices of the rocks that might be suitable for these. I need to research care and sources. Does not address the open area but I have time to explore options.
I looked at the GWAPA upcoming event list and speakers this year include Tom Barr, Rachel O'Leary, and Chris Lukhaup. Plants, fish, and inverts covered.
Until then, here's a short video I took of the tank tonight. Enjoy. [youtube]http://youtu.be/NFv3cTWd1r0[/YouTube]

Awesome video! Amazing tank!! Hoping to achieve such one day let's see [emoji4][emoji106]

I will be ordering some DHG Belem soon. First attempt with a grass carpet. Need to make room though. Posted a sale for the staur repens in the AA Classifed section.
Otherwise, tank is cruising along.

I don't think you'll have any troubles. DHG can be troublesome at first with getting settled, but once it gets going and is rooted in well, it spreads like wildfire. That was my experience when I had it under the old T5 high output lighting way back when. I'm looking forward to seeing this tank's progress!

Your tanks look so pretty fresh. I hope I can get there one day with mine. I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle at the moment. Just pruning a tone of leaves.
Wish I had your skill

I don't think you'll have any troubles. DHG can be troublesome at first with getting settled, but once it gets going and is rooted in well, it spreads like wildfire. That was my experience when I had it under the old T5 high output lighting way back when. I'm looking forward to seeing this tank's progress!

Thanks for the feedback. Not looking forward to the challenge of getting small plants to root.
Scroll down... change of plans...

Your tanks look so pretty fresh. I hope I can get there one day with mine. I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle at the moment. Just pruning a tone of leaves.
Wish I had your skill

Thanks! It took a bit of research, collaboration, and hardware to get to the point of where I'm doing less and enjoying it more.

Somebody stop me!
XaZ9dUi.jpg
I got impatient and removed the staur repens and HC Cuba this morning.
qMdgWGl.jpg
Tank got a bit murky...
VAkKM78.jpg

Does not look like it from the pic, but trimming yielded NINETY-FOUR (94) plantable stems.
OSbQU07.jpg
As for the DHG, that is going to wait. I am going to plant some of the staur repens in the open space, especially on the slope in the front to prevent erosion. Then, at a later time, will clear some space for the DHG. On the plus side, I will have plenty of ROOTED staur repens to sell.
I am going to update my latest sale posting to reflect "X" number of stems for sale.
FTS. Blue plastic substrate supports are slightly visible at the front of the tank:
l4uVRuu.jpg

Can't wait to see what it looks like with the dwarf hairgrass

That may be some time off. I plan on filling it with staur repens for now. In the current setup the staur repens are staying pretty low and spreading by runners. In previous attempts with this plant it grew taller than I preferred and only spread via trimmings.

Back
Top Bottom