FresH2O's 20g planted rescape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It’s gone [emoji112] The remaining plants are in one of the shrimp tanks (to be sold off). I may keep a few Staurogyne repens and attempt to grow them as houseplants.
The 29g took the place of the 20g. Plus boredom took over with that tank. Many adventures though. It was weird unhooking the CO2 setup.
My new build thread is Fresh2o’s 29g Blackwater Tank Stop by and say hi

Unless I invest in an RODI, no SW for me. Sounds weird but I dig the mechanics involved that support the display tank about as much as the display tank itself (sumps, pumps, plumbing, etc). Somewhere I have a handwritten letter from the 80s from Julian Sprung describing reverse flow UG filters and Redox potential. I need to find that.
No new livestock. Scape comes first.

Normally I would not dredge up an old post (1 year) but over the weekend I found something that I had been looking for for very a long time. I stumbled an old folder containing product brochures and a list of vendors I had contacted while researching the requirements for maintaining a SW tank (before the Internet you had peruse magazines and newsletters, hit the library, attend club meetings, and write/call for info).
In the collection was a letter that had a handwritten reply from a staff biologist from Sea Kleer Mini-Reefs named Julian Sprung. I was familiar with his articles in FAMA (Freshwater and Marine Aquarium magazine) and was stoked that he actually wrote back. I believe this was in 1988.
Flash forward a couple decades later and I’m in an LFS and I see this guy’s name all over a bunch of marine products. That’s when I started looking for the letter.
In this day where you can reach across the globe at any time using your fingertips, I find this refreshingly nostalgic.
IMG_6890.jpgIMG_6888.jpg

When people typed letters... and hand wrote them ;)

That IS pretty special, and from so long ago, that you found it and have it from before he was even renown/famous, traveling the world over and over and over again.

He was a speaker at MACNA 2014.

I remember reading that post!

It would be a cool thing to find out when/where Julian Sprung will be presenting and go see him/say hi if it fits into your regional area and schedule! Just for fun.

Back
Top Bottom