FresH2O's 20g planted rescape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, the sparkling gourami were returned and fortunately a new shipment of CPDs arrived. I picked up 4. Could have picked up more but for now a school of 8 sounds good. And I inspected the bag carefully before I left the LFS.
Here is a bad pic of them in QT. I cannot see the 8th one; hopefully it is hiding in the foliage.
Uy0TH79.png

There are a few fry in the tank as well. Those are guppies because the way the tank overflow is setup in that shop. Water in each tank drains to the one below.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well, the sparkling gourami were returned and fortunately a new shipment of CPDs arrived. I picked up 4. Could have picked up more but for now a school of 8 sounds good. And I inspected the bag carefully before I left the LFS.
Here is a bad pic of them in QT. I cannot see the 8th one; hopefully it is hiding in the foliage.
Uy0TH79.png

There are a few fry in the tank as well. Those are guppies because the way the tank overflow is setup in that shop. Water in each tank drains to the one below.

That store just fills your bags full of surprises don't they.

Uy0TH79.png

Gorgeous fish. Can't wait to see them in the big tank. And I pray that your guppy hitchhikers are all males! Otherwise... Baby Boom!!

? Diana Lee ?
? the St. Augustine Redhead ?

The CPDs are coloring up despite the drab QT.
Was going to refill the CO2 tank and them I looked out the window.
VYptGTQ.png
In the last 2 hours about 3 inches have fallen and it's not letting up (northern folks don't laugh!). Guess I will go tomorrow.
I wanted the clean the diffuser (algae) but I'm out of bleach. It is soaking in hydrogen peroxide.
So I turned on the solenoid and let the large bubbles go directly into the HOB intake. Just like when I did DIY CO2. Click-squish, click-squish,... I will check the DCs in a bit to see if there is a color change. Bps is about 3.2.

We've gotten at least 4" here already....I did not move here from MI for this :rolleyes:

9in's here but just stopped...I will get out! Snow can't keep me down...sweet cpd's there Fresh...

Getcha sleeves wet fish tank people!

Pfffffttttt I brought my new chili rasboras home in snow today ;)

Honestly down south (not sure where you are) I don't blame you for not going out.... My cousin who grew up in maine with me lives in VA now and she says people flip and drive like complete idiots in the snow and that she would rather drive in a foot of snow with north east drivers instead

Sweet CPD Fresh....can't wait to see them in the 20.

Sent from my Z667T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah, I can't wait to see the settle in and color up. They look like mini-trout. They will be in QT at least 10-14 days. Being cautious.
Might change things up.
1. Remove the Bacopa caroliniana (red arrow) from the left corner.
2. Move the pogo erectus from the center to the left corner.
3. Move the Blyxa to the center where the pogo was.
IMO the pogo is too big and detracting in the center of the tank. I was thinking about removing the limno but it is doing nicely in the opposite corner. The Blyxa only gets so tall which hopefully keep things in scale.
The open mid ground will open space for Downoi, AR mini, star repens, and the struggling UG.
07owlSA.png

Pfffffttttt I brought my new chili rasboras home in snow today ;)

Honestly down south (not sure where you are) I don't blame you for not going out.... My cousin who grew up in maine with me lives in VA now and she says people flip and drive like complete idiots in the snow and that she would rather drive in a foot of snow with north east drivers instead

Not going to argue with that.

Yeah, I can't wait to see the settle in and color up. They look like mini-trout. They will be in QT at least 10-14 days. Being cautious.
Might change things up.
1. Remove the Bacopa caroliniana (red arrow) from the left corner.
2. Move the pogo erectus from the center to the left corner.
3. Move the Blyxa to the center where the pogo was.
IMO the pogo is too big and detracting in the center of the tank. I was thinking about removing the limno but it is doing nicely in the opposite corner. The Blyxa only gets so tall which hopefully keep things in scale.
The open mid ground will open space for Downoi, AR mini, star repens, and the struggling UG.
07owlSA.png

Not going to argue with that.

I concur with the pogo being moved to the side. Will definitely create nice movement for the eye when looking at the tank.

And those CPDs look incredible! How big are they?

? Diana Lee ?
? the St. Augustine Redhead ?

The movement of the plants sound good and was going to recommend that, but if you're anything like me (and brookster) who hAve a emotional attachment to plants, i didn't want to hurt your plant feelings. Lol. When I received the limno and pogo I had to make that decision too. got rid of the bacopa and an aponogeton plant that just started taking off, but I'm glad I made the move and now my tank a lot more interesting. And don't forget tigers endlers if your still looking for fun lil fish....I have a bunch of them with your name on them. DWSDarius Amazing Fish Contest Entry by Pittbully: http://youtu.be/sdYdjRKaKgw

Sent from my Z667T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm going to throw away all the bacopa.
Just kidding. It will go in the QT for now. This plant survived under the ice in my small pond last winter. If it were not so cold up north I would ship it out. I have a styrofoam lined box with no heat pad. Does that sound safe for 2 day delivery?
Finally got the CO2 tank refilled. At first the fellow said that he could not refill it because it is passed the expiration date. I asked him to show me the date. "10€13" which he translated to 10/13 or October 2013. I explained that I got the tank new on April 2014. Plus, it has been refilled 3 times already at the same store. I managed to get I filled up. When I got home I did some research and determine the 10/13 is the manufacturing date and it is good for 5 years (10/2018).
Diffuser has been bleached and rinsed and the tank is hooked up and running at 4.8 bps.

I wouldn't ship anything now. Stupid snow and cold. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't getting trashed...not that I have much room for more anyway the stems I got from you before have been quickly filling up space. I have to cut them constantly. Love it!

I wouldn't ship anything now. Stupid snow and cold. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't getting trashed...not that I have much room for more anyway the stems I got from you before have been quickly filling up space. I have to cut them constantly. Love it!

Very well. To the QT they will go. About to wash my hands and start the transformation. Going to wash them well on account of a problem with the gas can earlier today (gas on hands).

Oh God, can't believe I'm about to go against Brookster & my favorite redhead sister, but I Don't like it. Placement mirrors the other piece (size too, not counting the attached part). I would move or ditch it. Yeah, the pogos are getting overwhelming. :) After removing some pogo, try putting it to the left of that clump and angled the other way, e.g., left to right from back to front; and bury about half of it. I would put some small plants just behind it after burying. Something like that.

Who dare defy my planted taste?!? You can push them down as far as you'd like.. they're still going towards that light as far as they'd like :p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks for the oto input everyone. They went through a 1-2 hour drip acclimation from pet store to the QT. After 12 days they went through another 1-2 hour drip acclimation from QT to display tank. All were activity grazing and exploring the tank as of last night.
The gold tetras are just as they were two years ago. They pick a spot and camp out. Or hide. Real jumpy. They are not bothering the embers. The only time they swam around is when I added 6 danios as "dither" fish.
I am on the call list at the LFS for a few fish (can't remember which ones...Kuhlis and maybe CPDs).

Your gold Tetras sound like my Celestial Pearl Danios. They do waayy too much hiding out somewhere in the back for my liking, and when I shoot video of them and move my hand up to the zoom control, they bolt away in a microsecond. I hope they grow some balls soon, or I might sell them off. In contrast, the Vietnamese White Cloud Mountain Minnows are brave nano fish that don't even run from the gravel vac.

Back
Top Bottom