FresH2O's 20g planted rescape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looking good Fresh. Would you recommend AR 'mini' for a high tech tank like mine, or do you think that it's too much of a hassle to care for?

Looking good Fresh. Would you recommend AR 'mini' for a high tech tank like mine, or do you think that it's too much of a hassle to care for?

Thanks. I would say it is worth a try. Been hit or miss with me. Others curse it. Some have great results with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ive done really well with it and really poor with it... Like a lot of thing in my tank... But it does look really great when its growing like it should.

Thanks. I would say it is worth a try. Been hit or miss with me. Others curse it. Some have great results with it.

I'll give it a shot then. Have you ever had Ludwigia Cuba before? I'm trying to think of plants to place by my DW to replace some crypts. I'd like to have something that would contrast the Java Fern better.

I'll give it a shot then. Have you ever had Ludwigia Cuba before? I'm trying to think of plants to place by my DW to replace some crypts. I'd like to have something that would contrast the Java Fern better.

Nah, I haven't but it is a gorgeous plant.
I went through a transition about a year ago where the crypts, dwarf sag, and certain other plants were phased out for stem plants.

Thanks for the compliments.
Wy - I will spare you the scrolling.
Equipment:
Tank: 20g long; Lighting: 1 30" Finnex FugeRay, 1 30" Finnex Planted+; Heater: 100w Fluval M Series; Substrate: 40# EcoComplete black regular grain; Regulator: AquaTek Premium; CO2 Tank: 24 oz Valken; Diffuser: Generic glass/ceramic; Carbon Source: Metricide 14 diluted half strength; Ferts: PPS-Pro standard dosing; Root Ferts: AquaFertz Root Pellets, DIY Osmocote+;
Plants:
Downoi, AR mini, Starogynes repens, Pogostemon erectus, Ludwigia so Red, Blyxa japonica, AR, Bacopa caroliniana, Limnophilia aromatica, Utricularia graminifolia, water lettuce, some type of nice moss
Fauna:
5 Ember Tetras, 5 Forktail Furcata Rainbows, 8 CPDs, 2 otocinclus, 3 Amano shrimp, lots of MTS

Thanks much - now I gotta go find what my question was LOL! Got it, thanks again!

Ok, I have to play devil's advocate here: with only the 2 otos and shrimp in the bottom part of your tank you need to add one of these!

img_3183204_0_f132d5990e848863523edc3a585e4fa7.jpg

Ok, I have to play devil's advocate here: with only the 2 otos and shrimp in the bottom part of your tank you need to add one of these!

img_3183398_0_f132d5990e848863523edc3a585e4fa7.jpg

You m'dear are a bad influence ?
Those are lovely fish. I am still getting used to the idea of having this many fish in the tank.

You m'dear are a bad influence ?
Those are lovely fish. I am still getting used to the idea of having this many fish in the tank.

That's me!

Seriously, keep them in mind, even one. It's nice having a colorful fish in that part of the tank and their coloring is quite similar to the furs :whistle:

Will the Gudgeons compete for food with the other fish I have? Or will it require target feeding? My original plan included kuhli loaches; not sure if I pull the trigger and get them.

Fish are doing fine. Eating, swimming, not dying. Removed some extra plants. Spreading the joy.
On the left side of the tank I am giving the UG another chance. It's sending out runners but cannot stay rooted. Growth is more yellow than green.
swf2Y37.png

Cleaned up the AR mini because the BBA was getting out of hand. Star repens patch is thickening. Will probably expand it to newly open area in the front.
ZFPA5oB.png

Limnophila due for trimming. Downoi are growing and filling out. Had to douse the DW with peroxide to get an edge on the BBA.
sxBjFaT.png

Connected the diffuser to a clear piece of rigid tubing. Less noticeable than the black tubing IMO. I've set the diffuser under the HOB intake and at the bottom of the tank under the HOB output. I've found that the drop checker turns green and slightly yellow with the latter setup. Yes, mist of CO2 in the water column but I think it is better utilization of CO2.
FTS:
sFQ8wQg.png

Looking good Fresh!

Sent from my Z667T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks! "Macarena" doing okay. Not red; more greenish yellow but it's growing.

I vote kuhlies! They will like the dense bottom imo

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thinking about it. They don't quite fit the semi-nano theme I've got going. But it has lots of hiding spaces.

Back
Top Bottom