FresH2O's 20g planted rescape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's a good price, especially for that many leaves!

Thats certainly one of the anubias' i really want. Crazy money for them though. Although i mirror what has been said, thats a great price for 10 leaves!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Fresh are you looking for red cherries? Population is rising again for me I could send some your way once they're a bit bigger.

Theresa what's wrong with your water? I keep and breed my shrimp in stupid hard water ph 8 no problems. LFS looks at me like I'm insane when I bring them in to trade and they test it.

Theresa what's wrong with your water? I keep and breed my shrimp in stupid hard water ph 8 no problems. LFS looks at me like I'm insane when I bring them in to trade and they test it.

Mine is 7.5 which is great for my Neos but I'm concerned about it for any Caridina shrimp.

Mine is 7.5 which is great for my Neos but I'm concerned about it for any Caridina shrimp.

Hello insomnia
Water source/quality (and price) had me concerned about caridinas so I went with neos two years ago. TM, we are not that far from each other as far as water sources go. I have not ruled out getting nicer quality RCS. I will see what the auction provides. If striped kuhlis appear at the auction I might become a paddle waving fool.
Never heard of pinto anubias. Quite a petite plant with unusual coloration. The white reminds me on some varieties of the houseplant pothos.
Might try the frozen BBS this weekend. Surely they will accept it. They are so-so with the FD BBS, however, they love the FD tubifex worms. When I drop in a chunk, it tumbles around at the HOB filter output and slowly spits out worms. It gets a chance to rehydrate a bit and is a worm dispenser. The staple is flakes.
My fish swim about the tank all of the time. Still getting used to it.

Hello insomnia
Water source/quality (and price) had me concerned about caridinas so I went with neos two years ago. TM, we are not that far from each other as far as water sources go. I have not ruled out getting nicer quality RCS. I will see what the auction provides. If striped kuhlis appear at the auction I might become a paddle waving fool.
Never heard of pinto anubias. Quite a petite plant with unusual coloration. The white reminds me on some varieties of the houseplant pothos.
Might try the frozen BBS this weekend. Surely they will accept it. They are so-so with the FD BBS, however, they love the FD tubifex worms. When I drop in a chunk, it tumbles around at the HOB filter output and slowly spits out worms. It gets a chance to rehydrate a bit and is a worm dispenser. The staple is flakes.
My fish swim about the tank all of the time. Still getting used to it.

Ugh, been battling with insomnia for years :blink:

There are quite a few very good looking higher quality Neos. I'm consistently getting some sakura to low grade fire reds, hoping to add some from another source and see where that goes.

The FD tubifex are great! I usually stick parts of a cube to the glass, will have to try what you do. The forktails really seem to enjoy a higher filter output so that should be fun.

Well, I placed the frozen BBS in a small cup of water to let it melt and poured it into the tank. Did not realize how SMALL they were! I shut off the filter to allow it to float in the water. I think the CPDs liked it but the larger tetras were like "What, you serve me crumbs?".
I noticed very fine hair algae on the limno and nearby ludwidia. Result of cutting the macro ferts in half plus increased plant mass? Resumed normal dosing of macros.
Makes me wonder of the effect of increased plant mass over time on the fert levels when lighting, CO2, and ferts remain constant while using PPS-Pro???
Trying to hold off trimming for another 12 days. Here is progression from 8/31, 9/13, and 9/18:
VNafKnl.png
0DLGrS5.png
71RGVwD.png

Well, I placed the frozen BBS in a small cup of water to let it melt and poured it into the tank. Did not realize how SMALL they were! I shut off the filter to allow it to float in the water. I think the CPDs liked it but the larger tetras were like "What, you serve me crumbs?".
I noticed very fine hair algae on the limno and nearby ludwidia. Result of cutting the macro ferts in half plus increased plant mass? Resumed normal dosing of macros.
Makes me wonder of the effect of increased plant mass over time on the fert levels when lighting, CO2, and ferts remain constant while using PPS-Pro???
Trying to hold off trimming for another 12 days. Here is progression from 8/31, 9/13, and 9/18:
VNafKnl.png
0DLGrS5.png
71RGVwD.png

WC schedule?

sit in silence...

woooooooooooooooooo! look at all the beautiful foliage! (y)(y)(y)

It's a jungle and requires weekly trimming. I can now see why low tech is more appealing.
I get these urges to remove and sell ALL of the plants and start something different. Not SW. Maybe a different theme. Like a moss monoculture. For real. Or maybe just keep this tank and convert the shrimp tank into this:
X4hyozv.png

WC schedule?

sit in silence...

Probably 30-35%. 5-6 gallons weekly in a 20 gallon (which is less because of displacement).

Alot of work for sure. You sure are makin it look good tho, brotha.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Fresh,how's the beginning phases of the moss monoculture build coming along?!?!?

sit in silence...

It's not. More out of frustration with the planted tank. Not sure if I can wait another week and a half to trim up this hot mess. Plus I found what I believe are CPD fry in there. So I will keep the planted tank and maybe gut the shrimp tank. Tons of crypt wendtii red and crypt undulata. Quite a few RCS and MTS. One the fence about the fissidens monoculture. That thing Rastaman is doing with the nano tank is outstanding! Or maybe I will setup a tank with fish in it. What a concept!

Possible cpd fry?!?! Bonus! That monoculture would be wicked crawling with some skrimps... saying you know...

sit in silence...

I have access to kuhlis any time so I can always grab some and ship em down if you want....

Back
Top Bottom