Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-25-2010, 01:47 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Freshwater Biotope & Invertebrate Enthusiast

Hello Everyone!
As a fellow Freshwater Enthusiast, I would like to post a few websites here that would link us U.S. hobbyist to a diverse world of freshwater invertebrates still unknown to a great general number of us.
Here they are(note these are foreign suppliers): Aristocratama.com, Garfishindo.com, ElokAquatics.com.
Please, if anyone, comment on what they think of their selections. I believe someone can introduce these to their local business here in U.S.A so the rest of us can buy, buy, buy, acquire, acquire, fun-fun-fun.

My Aquarium Statistics:
-Physical.Dimensions: 50Gal.Long-Acrylic, 25gph=PowerFilter, Planted=Aquascape;
-Fish: ZebraDaino, NeonTetra, GlowLiteTetra, BlackNeonTetra, XRayTetra, FancyGuppies, Kuhlii Loach, Ghost Catfish;
-Other Vertebrates: Fire belly Newts, African Dwarf Frogs;
-Snails: GoldenRabbit, MalaysianTrumpet, Ramhorn, Bladder;
-Shrimp: CRS, Cherry-Red, Cherry-Yellow, Ghost;
-Other Invertebrates: BlackWorms, GoldenClams(x20, thriving for 7months), Scuds, SeedShrimps, Copepods, WaterScavengerBeetles;

JimMivon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 01:52 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Alert!!: Freshwater Slug(aka Freshwater Nudibranch): Tantulum Elegans
Keep it Diverse in the Freshwater Community!!

There is one Order of opisthobranchs - the Acochlidea - which have freshwater species. Most acochlidian species are small worm-like marine slugs found living between sandgrains -*part of what we call the interstitial fauna. However some have invaded brackish water and others freshwater. One small species, Tantulum elegans, is found in a mountain*swamp on the Caribbean island of St Vincent. However most of the others we know of are much larger than usual, up to 3 cm in length, and live in rivers and streams on several tropical Pacific islands.

I can't guarantee a complete list of freshwater species, but here are some I know of:
Strubellia paradoxa (Strubell, 1892) - Solomon Islands
Acochlidium amboiense Strubell, 1892 - Amboina, Indonesia
Acochlidium weberi bergh, 1896 - Flores, Indonesia
JimMivon is offline   Reply With Quote

bio, biotope, freshwater, oto

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com