Freshwater Biotope & Invertebrate Enthusiast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JimMivon

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello Everyone!
As a fellow Freshwater Enthusiast, I would like to post a few websites here that would link us U.S. hobbyist to a diverse world of freshwater invertebrates still unknown to a great general number of us.
Here they are(note these are foreign suppliers): Aristocratama.com, Garfishindo.com, ElokAquatics.com.
Please, if anyone, comment on what they think of their selections. I believe someone can introduce these to their local business here in U.S.A so the rest of us can buy, buy, buy, acquire, acquire, fun-fun-fun.

My Aquarium Statistics:
-Physical.Dimensions: 50Gal.Long-Acrylic, 25gph=PowerFilter, Planted=Aquascape;
-Fish: ZebraDaino, NeonTetra, GlowLiteTetra, BlackNeonTetra, XRayTetra, FancyGuppies, Kuhlii Loach, Ghost Catfish;
-Other Vertebrates: Fire belly Newts, African Dwarf Frogs;
-Snails: GoldenRabbit, MalaysianTrumpet, Ramhorn, Bladder;
-Shrimp: CRS, Cherry-Red, Cherry-Yellow, Ghost;
-Other Invertebrates: BlackWorms, GoldenClams(x20, thriving for 7months), Scuds, SeedShrimps, Copepods, WaterScavengerBeetles;

Alert!!: Freshwater Slug(aka Freshwater Nudibranch): Tantulum Elegans
Keep it Diverse in the Freshwater Community!!

There is one Order of opisthobranchs - the Acochlidea - which have freshwater species. Most acochlidian species are small worm-like marine slugs found living between sandgrains -*part of what we call the interstitial fauna. However some have invaded brackish water and others freshwater. One small species, Tantulum elegans, is found in a mountain*swamp on the Caribbean island of St Vincent. However most of the others we know of are much larger than usual, up to 3 cm in length, and live in rivers and streams on several tropical Pacific islands.

I can't guarantee a complete list of freshwater species, but here are some I know of:
Strubellia paradoxa (Strubell, 1892) - Solomon Islands
Acochlidium amboiense Strubell, 1892 - Amboina, Indonesia
Acochlidium weberi bergh, 1896 - Flores, Indonesia

Back
Top Bottom