Freshwater Refugiums Advise Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Terrance

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 75g (fish only with high bioload) and want to setup a refugium/sump for it. This is what I'm wanting to buy and use (since I'm not a handyman): Aquarium Wet Dry Filters: Aqueon ProFlex Sump Filtration System at FosterandSmithaquatics.com

Are java moss/fern (along with a bunch or RCS) are good with providing great water quality in one of the chambers? I would probably get some lava rocks and put it somewhere for the BB to live. Then put plant lighting over the plants for about 8hrs a day. Do I need fertilizer?

Is there anything else I should consider (enough CO2 from shrimps)? Or am I better off with a wet/dry setup? My reasoning for using a this product is to dilute as much waste as possible and keep water as clean as possible (nitrAte sponge) while doing weekly 50% water changes.

Please advise. I'm a total noob when it comes to plants.

Would The RCS survive there? I am interested in this as well. Though a 10gal on a 40gal or 55gal. Sorry I cannot help..

Back
Top Bottom