Frogbit frustration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

darkmule27

Aquarium Advice Activist
About a week and a half ago, I purchased some frogbit. Its roots had kind of melted off during transport, but for a week or so it absolutely flourished sprouting roots and new plants then all of a sudden, it died. No changes in temp, lighting, or anything. Right now, I have 2 9w CFLs and the temp is about 88 due to an ich outbreak but has been since adding the frogbit. Within a day, I went from lots of it to none.
So...what would you do at this point? Fish out all the dead leaves and try to leave any healthy ones? Throw it all out? Leave it and see what happens?
Thanks!

Floating plants tend to be nutrient hogs. If you haven't been dosing any ferts, then it's possible that they sucked up all the nutrients and starved themselves to death.

I would keep the healthy leaves and remove the dead stuff to see if you can bring it back. Some plants don't like the higher temps, so that may be a problem as well.

What size tank is the plant in? The lighting seems awfully low. Other than lighting I'm at a lose so I'll let the resident planted tank experts field your questions.

Back
Top Bottom