Fugeray led and mid light plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HandSomeDevil13

Aquarium Advice Activist
I recently bought a fugeray led for my 5 gallon tank, I was curious to know if this would be enough light to grow mid light plants like Monte Carlo?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I had a 10 gallon Betta tank with a Planted plus growing Dwarf Hair Grass without issue. I see no reason why a Fugeray would not grow Micranthemum in a small tank such as a 5 gallon. You may want to dose either Excel or Metricide 14 for plant growth.

Were you adding liquid co2 to your 10 gallon tank? Or did you have a co2 system?

You will need co2 with a planted plus on a 5 gal. Full ferts too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You will need co2 with a planted plus on a 5 gal. Full ferts too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm dosing flourish, root tabs for the Val's and a bit of excel. I'm working on a DIY co2 system.

It depends on your water. Get a drop checker or a pH controller. Wit a drop checker, try to get the bulb green and use 4dkh solution. A pH controller will adjust automatically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1462618994.686089.jpg

Do you think 1 bubble per second would be to much for a 5 gallon?
I would love to see your tank by the way

Ok. I just rescaped my 10 gallon because my DHG was infested with Bladderwort. I am starting over with a big hunk of driftwood.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1462620153.498895.jpg

Some surviving DHG:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1462620213.746310.jpg

Plants pearling

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1462620264.621147.jpg

Ok. I just rescaped my 10 gallon because my DHG was infested with Bladderwort. I am starting over with a big hunk of driftwood.

View attachment 286651

Some surviving DHG:

View attachment 286652

Plants pearling

View attachment 286653

I am a huge fan of your tank. I really do like the driftwood. What kind of substrate are you using?
Yea I'll probably end up investing in a drop checker, I don't want to end up killing my fish by mistake.

The substrate is SeaChem Flourite. With a drop checker just remember to adjust CO2 gradually. It took me a week or two to get my drop checker green.

This might be a dumb question to ask but once you shut off your co2 does the liquid in the drop checker stay green? Or will it be transparent?

This might be a dumb question to ask but once you shut off your co2 does the liquid in the drop checker stay green? Or will it be transparent?

It will slowly change back to blue or blue-green. I think when it becomes transparent it's time to change the solution.

Back
Top Bottom