German Blue Rams in a 10 Gallon Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha that's all good and we'll but it's a 10 gal tank and you don't like to change water or clean substrate.. all rams are rams.. gold, blue. Long finned, bolivian... not a great match for your 10.. if you upped your game you could pull off a male apisto cacatoides. .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

OMG those are beautiful!
I would be willing to do water changes more often!
What do I have to do to have those? Do they need any social food?
How much water should I change, and how often?

Thanks,

Nils

You would need to do one % 50 wc a week with temp matched, tr ea Ted water. Feed quality flake and frozen treat twice a week. They color up very nicely in a pair but they may get a but fiesty with the corys, nothing deadly but it tends to upset people I guess.. my gf hates when they chase and bop..

Attachments

• 1415122381380.jpg
    1415122381380.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 96
  • 1415122390827.jpg
    1415122390827.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 95
Thanks guys,

I don't think that I will try the GBR, it would break my heart to see such a beautiful fish wasting away in my tank. I might still add some Scarlet Badis, they are a cichlid species and I have a nano tank with them and tons of RCS. Thanks for the help you guys.

Scarlet Badis are NOT Cichlids. They are lovely fish. They are the smallest of the Percoid species. (Perch ?)
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scarlet_badis

What species of Cory are you keeping in that tank ? They might breed with weekly slightly cooler water changes and some frozen or live foods.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Last edited:
Well, then I guess no to the cockatoo cichlids....too bad, they are amazing. The reason for the no is because my mom just about flipped out when we had the tiny CPO's crawling around the tank, pinching and nipping them like no tomorrow. Oh, and the Scarlet Badis, the guy at PetCo told me they were a cichlid species, so not an error on my part. But thanks for the help, I am still looking for any nice cichlids out there, please list any if you happen to know them.

Thanks,

Nils

Oh, and I am keeping 2x Peppered cores, and 3x Julii cores. They are very nice, and and one of the Julii cores is a female, the other 2 are a male. They bred about 20 times without me doing anything special, but unfortunately all of the eggs grew fungus or algae, and then died.

BTW, those are some very beautiful fish. How big are they, and what is their maximum size?

The ONLY Cichlids I'd recommend for a 10g tank are Shell Dwellers, but you'd need to rehome the Cories , it would be just Cichlids.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright, but I don't really want to move the Cories, I don't have anywhere else to move them to. But thanks for the help. Anybody else know any colorful, beautiful fish out there that won't rip my Cories to shreds?

Nils

I thought gold rams were just the same as gbr?? If you're set on those, get atleast a 20 long. I did that a few years ago and they spawned.. Although I had impeccable water quality. And tiger endler guppies are rare and unique; you don't see a lot if them. But in a ten gallon, you're not limited, but only limited in what kinds of fish you can put in it.

Maybe a school of galaxy raspbora ? Create a shrimp tank w/ a trio of sparkling gouramis? The combinations are endless.. Maybe do some research online and look around to see what may fit you best.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You would hate to get a dwarf cichlid and have something happen to it because of water, Ect. I would recommend experimenting with rams if you have never owned dwarfs.. Then once successful with that move on to the next step. Unfortunately like the rest said water quality is a must with these guys.. Don't have to follow anyone's advice but it's my personal recommendation to you :) there's so many gorgeous nano fish out there.. Just need to look at your options! :) :) :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Lol guys thanks, I didn't know y'all knew so much :).
I won't go with GBR, but I might try the Bolivian Rams, once I do some more research. They are almost just as pretty as the GBR, and they are lots easier to keep, from what I have read. If there are anymore dwarf cichlids out there, feel free to list them, as I will look into those. Also, if there are any other beautiful, vibrant fish out there, you can also list those.

Nils

There is no way adult bolivian rams should be kept in a 10g tank. They get too big for that.

Ooooo, cpds are beautiful. . Could keep a few too.. i agree bolivians really have no business in anything less than a 30l..

Those are some very pretty CPDs, and that is exactly what I thought they looked like when I first got them! I have a few questions about the Bolivian Ram. Would they be ok in my 10 gallon, because GBRs get 3 in. too, and no one says no to keeping them in 10 gallon tanks. Oh, and just saying, my mom won't let me get another tank, she regrets letting me have a 10 gallon in the first place. What do Bolivian Rams eat? Would they hurt my Cories?

Nils

Back
Top Bottom