Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-15-2019, 01:06 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Giant angelfish

So today i went to my lfs and to my suprise they had something they never had before 3 XXL angelfish and these guyse are massive. Dont think they are aultum angelfish from what i know.. they where in this small tank with 2 giant pleco’s no price or any description on the tank.. i saw these guys where heavly damaged many broken fins and lots of scratches on there side.. unfortunetly it where 2 males and 1 female.. i only have 1 tank at home a 250 L planted tank.. so i asked the boss of the lfs if he would sell them becouse they would die there and they where so beautifull and massive so i had to take them and the boss said they are normally not for sale atm but since he knows me he said i could have them for 10 euro a piece since i couldent take 2 adult males i took 1 female and the most damaged male.. u fortently i needed to leave that other male behind.. i also have 2 small angelfish not small but juveniele and they did not like it at first but now they seem to not care about it anymore i hope i get these angelfish back healthy becouse they are just so stunning i needed to do a water change today normally a 50% weekly but since i dont wanne stress them out ill do it tomorow i know its not a ideal situation for my 2 other angels but i just couldent leave them behind they looked so worn down..
After a few ours they allready had some nicer color then in the lfs

Sorry for the bad grammer and english
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4164.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	266.2 KB
ID:	314700Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4166.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	260.9 KB
ID:	314701

Old 12-15-2019, 05:40 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Beautiful angelfish

Old 12-16-2019, 03:14 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Yes, they are stunning. They just have a lot of scratches on there body and there fins are verry damaged.. i hope they will heal up quick. Just not sure if these “scars” will go away
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4163.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	264.5 KB
ID:	314707
Old 01-18-2020, 10:01 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

Great story !!! Good on you !! Those fish Thank you and will now live long happy lives !!

Tags
angel, angelfish, fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com