Giving it another go round two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brothergc

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have been out of the hobby for about 6 months . I don't know if anyone remembers me but that's unimportant .
I started out doing alright , I had a 20 Gal long , a Finnex Planted+ 24/7 SE , 2 fluval C-4 filters ( running low setting) seachem florite substraight , asorted low maintance plants doing well , 2 nerite snails, 7 neons , 2 red platys , and finally the start of the show a royal blue betta that surprisingly was able to get along with its tankmates
well 1st pest snails plaged me , then disese hit , some kind of parasite attacked ! I always did water changes every week , kept all water perameters in check , so furstrated I threw in the towel , everything got thrown in the trash except the tank, the stand, and the finnex light .
Now I am going for round two . Just bought 2 new fluval C-3 filters ,( the C-4s were overkill anyway)
2 bags of Eco complete , even a new heater .
I am planning on starting slow , I understand that the tank will have to cycle , that is a given , but what I am wondering is this , on the bag of the eco complete it states , and I quote " contains live water purifing bacteria "
So how good is this ? Or is this just marketing hype ?

I have been out of the hobby for about 6 months . I don't know if anyone remembers me but that's unimportant .
I started out doing alright , I had a 20 Gal long , a Finnex Planted+ 24/7 SE , 2 fluval C-4 filters ( running low setting) seachem florite substraight , asorted low maintance plants doing well , 2 nerite snails, 7 neons , 2 red platys , and finally the start of the show a royal blue betta that surprisingly was able to get along with its tankmates
well 1st pest snails plaged me , then disese hit , some kind of parasite attacked ! I always did water changes every week , kept all water perameters in check , so furstrated I threw in the towel , everything got thrown in the trash except the tank, the stand, and the finnex light .
Now I am going for round two . Just bought 2 new fluval C-3 filters ,( the C-4s were overkill anyway)
2 bags of Eco complete , even a new heater .
I am planning on starting slow , I understand that the tank will have to cycle , that is a given , but what I am wondering is this , on the bag of the eco complete it states , and I quote " contains live water purifing bacteria "
So how good is this ? Or is this just marketing hype ?

Just tip the Eco straight in [emoji106] it's pretty good stuff. I used 5 bags in a 60g without rinsing and there was minimal clouding. Clears up within 24 hours

Had to set up a new tank and immediately put fish in. I used a bag of this (combined with my old unfortunately washed gravel), and Stability and the fish are good to go!

Just tip the Eco straight in [emoji106] it's pretty good stuff. I used 5 bags in a 60g without rinsing and there was minimal clouding. Clears up within 24 hours

I just did the same :) mine cleared up in 12 hrs now water is chrystal clear

Had to set up a new tank and immediately put fish in. I used a bag of this (combined with my old unfortunately washed gravel), and Stability and the fish are good to go!

really ? could it be that the old gravel helped ? Me I do not have that so I probaly will wait till the tank cycles . Did add some plants though :cool:

Back
Top Bottom