glass co2 diffuser

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When you say cylinder, I am thinking you mean the white ceramic disc. IME this should not move. This is where the bubbles should come out.

no, no, I do not mean the disk. beneath that, in the bell of the diffuser is a clear piece of glass, a small cylinder. The first of these that I ordered broke in transit, so I don't know what to expect. I know the co2 is producing, I don't know about the cylinder.
Appreciate the feedback.

That does not sound like anything that should be there. Can you find a picture of what your unit is supposed to looklike, and compare that to what you have?

I have a glass diffuser and nothing inside moves freely. In mine, the cylinder inside is supposed to be a bubble counter. You should see bubbles pass through it and into the bell before going out the disk.

ended up returning the unit afer the connected hose shot off. While it didn't make sense for the cylinder to move freely I waited for some indication that the gas was passing through. Nothing. Fortunately I was there when it popped. Have switched back to bubble ladder for now.
Any recommendations on a worthwhile diffuser?

I am holding off on a device like that for now for aesthetic reasons. We'll see how long I hold out. Tho what I've read about that unit is very positive.

I'd recommend building one like this. It doesn't take up any room inside your tank and can be easily hidden behind it.

I would recommend avoiding the Red Sea Reactor 200. I've had a couple of these. While they worked great at first, they later stopped releasing the fine mist of bubbles and instead leaked large bubbles by the seal. This was accompanied by a significant drop in efficiency. From talking to a couple of others that have used them for awhile, all seem to have similar problems sooner or later.

Back
Top Bottom