Glassware Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Huro

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello all,

So I am thinking about purchasing lily pipes to use with my Fluval 406 on my rimmed 55g. While researching I came Cal Aqua Labs Efflux f3 (17mm) and Influx X3 (17mm) and I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with these products. As I understand it these are made with a very durable glass unlike other brands which I have read seem to break quite easily. I am also curious if there are comparable brands that can be purchased here in the US so that I might save a little money on shipping rates.

ADA makes good quality lily pipes, I'm not sure if they are available in the states but I would think that they are since it's a big company.

Is ADA using stronger material now in there Lily pipes? I ask because I have read several posts that state although high quality they are very fragile and tend to break during maintenance cleaning.

Seems like fort used acrylic because the glass are so fragile. I never used any, but if acrylic is available, that would seem to me like the best option for the long term

ADA and a few other companies make stainless steel sets, as well. If you're worried about breaking them. I have the glass cal aqua set, and they are pretty good. As long as you don't drop them or anything like that, there is no worries.

Back
Top Bottom