GLO T5 fixture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was going to post sooner here, but forgot.

I have a 36" Hagen Glo 2x39w T5HO. It really throws the light. Multi-bulb reflectors are often frowned on by the upper echelons of the planted tank world, but Glo fixtures are often touted as having good reflectors. They are also very wide reflectors, which helps your distribution. I've got mine on a 40B, and it's all the way up to the top to increase spread + reduce light.

HOWEVER, mine has this annoying thing where it will flicker. Small, sporadic blinks. You can fiddle with it and it will stop for awhile, but it will come back. Apparently some of the ballasts are questionable, but they come with a 2 year manufacturer warranty so you can replace it. I actually recently bought a second glo fixture, this one being a single bulb fixture. I'm going to put a giesemann aquaflora in it and put it right over my red stems at the back of the tank to color them up.

My 2x39w was $100, about $30 less than normal. My 1x39 was from ebay, and was ~$50, which is about half of retain. Still had a year on the warranty :cool:

aqua_chem said:
I was going to post sooner here, but forgot.

I have a 36" Hagen Glo 2x39w T5HO. It really throws the light. Multi-bulb reflectors are often frowned on by the upper echelons of the planted tank world, but Glo fixtures are often touted as having good reflectors. They are also very wide reflectors, which helps your distribution. I've got mine on a 40B, and it's all the way up to the top to increase spread + reduce light.

HOWEVER, mine has this annoying thing where it will flicker. Small, sporadic blinks. You can fiddle with it and it will stop for awhile, but it will come back. Apparently some of the ballasts are questionable, but they come with a 2 year manufacturer warranty so you can replace it. I actually recently bought a second glo fixture, this one being a single bulb fixture. I'm going to put a giesemann aquaflora in it and put it right over my red stems at the back of the tank to color them up.

My 2x39w was $100, about $30 less than normal. My 1x39 was from ebay, and was ~$50, which is about half of retain. Still had a year on the warranty :cool:

Wow that was expensive I live in the UK n I have the exact same one as u mate with the 2x39watt n it only cost 25pound which is about 40 dollars brand new from my lfs infact I have never seen them more than 30 pound anywere over here in any shop

i have the glo t5 ho 2 x 54 w and its working good!!!! i had it for my reef n my corals thrived under the light, now i have it on my planted tank n plants seem to love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

richpowell1989 said:
Wow that was expensive I live in the UK n I have the exact same one as u mate with the 2x39watt n it only cost 25pound which is about 40 dollars brand new from my lfs infact I have never seen them more than 30 pound anywere over here in any shop

Even online its $100 plus. That makes me wonder if we're talking about the same fixture.

i paid 140 for my 48" t5 ho 2 x 54w at petsmart!!! also ill look for them online in amazon or ebay!!!! im not sure but if u guys have home depot on the U.K. but they have a 4 bulb t5 ho fixture for 127 us dollars

I even just typed it into Google n it the same one as mine different parts of the world mate

Back
Top Bottom