Going planted, need help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fibsog

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i dont remember. let me take my arm out of the tan
No one responded on my other one. I need help quick so i can have a stock list by tomorrow. I am going to need to know what to use for grass with a 20 watt incandescent lowlight. I will NOT use co2. I am using java fern so far but need a large center plant too. I am not using sand, but i am using fine gravel. Also, i know im asking for a lot, but which of these plants work with
-guppies
-killies
-danios
-whiteskirts
-pleco
-snail
-possibly shrimp

Your probably going to have to upgrade your light. A couple plants that might work would be the Java you have, and Anubias. I'm not aware of any (grass) type plants that would thrive under low incandescent light.

Your probably going to have to upgrade your light. A couple plants that might work would be the Java you have, and Anubias. I'm not aware of any (grass) type plants that would thrive under low incandescent light.

Oh, if by thrive you mean spread, well i dont want that. I want to have little groves of grass spread throughout if thats what you mean. I dont want it to grow big.

If you could share what size the tank is, that would be good.

I personally have never tried it but I hear Pygmy Chain Sword (Echinodorus tenellus) does alright in low light. I believe because of the low light it grows upwards in search of more light rather than to its sides.

Back
Top Bottom