Good Book Suggestion on Freshwater Plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BeerBotia

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Howdees to all! This would be my first post to this forum (which is very cool btw).

I just started planting my 55 gal tank which has been mainly a clown loach and rainbowfish tank until now. I figured with over 3 yr of nutrient saturation on my substrate, I'd be OK to finally start! :wink:

I increased my lighting to about 2.3 wpg which doubles for about 2 hr in the middle of a 10 hr lighting cycle (mid-day simulation...what can I say, I'm a scientist!). I added about 2 in of flourite to my substrate and I also added CO2. I meagerly add Seachem flourish for supplements.

I've always had some type of black slimey stuff (cyano or summin?) on my artificial plants. Think this will get worse with the supplements?

I started with some type of amazon sword, a couple of stem plants (forgot the names) and now some type of crypts.

My genus/species skills have slipped a bit since high school, so I'd like to get a good book on freshwater plants...any suggestions?

Thanks,

BB.

<edit>Oops...found Book Library link...duh...luckily it only has one suggestion, any others?

Here are some good books. I have both and they are fantastic

Encyclopedia of Aquarium Plants & Aquarium Plants by Peter Hiscock

I think you can buy these from amazon.com

Hope this helps

Another good starter book that's fairly cheap is the Aquarium Plants Manual by Ines Scheurmann. It's full of advice and specifics on many common types of aquatic plants for the beginner. It's been a great help to me :)

Back
Top Bottom