Good Deal on Compact Fluorescent??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the included lighting is fine for no CO2 (65 watts) and when you can replace the bulbs with all white bulbs when you want to move up to CO2..

It comes with 50/50 tubes, where one half is actinic, that is of little or no use in fresh water. The other available tubes are all white light.

oh, gotcha. Didn't know that.

So you guys think it would be a good buy for me, especially if I want to go all white later and add CO2?

See any problems?

Looks like a great deal, I wish I had a 48" tank laying around to go with one! lol. . .
I would go for it. . .It's kinda sketchy in that it doesn't seem to provide a whole lot of detailed info, but hey, what can you ask for with such a price?? I'd say do it-

Probably around 5-8" wide. Most 48" fixtures I've looked at or own have four 65w bulbs and are around 8-10". With only 1 bulb wide instead of 2 bulbs wide it would probably be near half.

Nope its a good deal!!
You get one acintic bulb and one regular bulb, so you only need to replace one; the ones I got came that way. I'd call them to make certain, dont email they never answer.
The uni strips are 4" wide.
I think that lighting will be fine as long as you have the tank well planted.

some members have already bought these strips from this company.. as explained by dr_girlfriend.. and seem happy with the product.. (I was concerned it was a bait and switch company when the site first went up a few months back but it seems to be actually selling the products :mrgreen: )

Update!

So I decided to NOT go with Aquatraders. I started to hear some things that made me wonder. But anyways, I finally have a light on the tank. 130 Watt CF from Coralife. Now it's time to start planting . . . and to start thinking about CO2. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom