Good dosing plan for...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brookster123

Aquarium Advice Addict
Currently I have these plants in my 20tall ,Rotala indica Abubias Narrow leaf chain sword Java fern Java moss I have the standard aqueon hood light with a 15w t8 I believe, I use root tabs and seachem comp twice a week, any advice on a good dosing regiment, also I have a spare string of LEDs, would running those with the fluorescent help??

image-3791809853.jpg

It looks really nice. You could try the LED's and you may want to consider dosing liquid carbon (glutaraldehyde) like excel or api CO2 booster.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It looks really nice. You could try the LED's and you may want to consider dosing liquid carbon (glutaraldehyde) like excel or api CO2 booster. Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Thanks for taking a minute here! I did add the LEDs, as you can see in the pic it made a big difference, I was thinking liquid carbon would be the next step, I've heard mixed reviews on excel, which would you say is a better choice?

image-3811957178.jpg

I know people buy glutaraldehyde in bulk like from amazon. Ive always used excel, right now im using API CO2 booster because I got it cheaper on amazon and it works just as good, smells the same. I had a few areas of black hair algae and used the API CO2 booster to spot treat and it killed it off no problem, just as good as excel has in the past. So ultimately its up to you which brand you buy. Ive also recently stared dosing trace nutrients, potassium, and iron in addition to comprehensive. I dose one comprehensive the day of a water change and then the potassium twice a week, iron once a week, trace twice a week. I was having some issues with new growth and it seems much better now. I am actually dosing glutaraldehyde twice a day also.

I dont know if this is a good schedule or not. I should probably get some test kits. I used to only dose comprehensive and use root tabs but when I moved started having issues with growth and I think its a water quality issue here. But anyway thats what ive been doing!

I know people buy glutaraldehyde in bulk like from amazon. Ive always used excel, right now im using API CO2 booster because I got it cheaper on amazon and it works just as good, smells the same. I had a few areas of black hair algae and used the API CO2 booster to spot treat and it killed it off no problem. Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
So if I do not have algae is it necessary?

So if I do not have algae is it necessary?

One of the benefits is that it helps prevent algae. But its a carbon source for your plants so even if you dont have algae you can still benefit from it.

One of the benefits is that it helps prevent algae. But its a carbon source for your plants so even if you dont have algae you can still benefit from it. Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Cool, sounds like it won't hurt to try than, thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom