Good investment?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquatic_Adam

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all, I am in college and I move around a lot. I have a 40 long and a 10 in my house that I rent. I want to make my 10 a high tech planted tank. Does it make more sense to make my 40 a high tech planted or not? Anyone have a planted 10? What co2 and lighting did you get?

I would say turn the forty into planted because it only takes 3 plants to grow to fill a 10 gallon. Mix some flourite red in with your substrate and put any bright light on the top and your plants should be growing fine

Aquakyle said:
I would say turn the forty into planted because it only takes 3 plants to grow to fill a 10 gallon. Mix some flourite red in with your substrate and put any bright light on the top and your plants should be growing fine

Hmm 3 plants... How oblivious..

Predfan27 said:
Hi all, I am in college and I move around a lot. I have a 40 long and a 10 in my house that I rent. I want to make my 10 a high tech planted tank. Does it make more sense to make my 40 a high tech planted or not? Anyone have a planted 10? What co2 and lighting did you get?

Hi!
I wouldn't make Ur 40g a planted if I were u. If u are to move again it's easier to transport a 10g planted than 40g planted. I have a 10g planted myself. I haven't gone down the co2 road yet but I'm still able to achieve a pretty nice looking tank. My light fixture have 2 PL lights. Each 27watts/6700k.

Hey Predfan, welcome to AA!

I suggest just doing the 10G at first. It's easier to work with smaller tanks, hands on wise. It's smaller and compact, and will fill in quicker as well. I'm a fairly close to high tech 20G besides my Co2 is DIY and not pressurized. I have over 3wpg and add liquid fertilzers in of N, P, K, and Trace elements 3 to 4 times a week. I see great growth with this setup.

3 plants? I beg to differ.

FishCrazyBenBOMB said:
Hey Predfan, welcome to AA!

I suggest just doing the 10G at first. It's easier to work with smaller tanks, hands on wise. It's smaller and compact, and will fill in quicker as well. I'm a fairly close to high tech 20G besides my Co2 is DIY and not pressurized. I have over 3wpg and add liquid fertilzers in of N, P, K, and Trace elements 3 to 4 times a week. I see great growth with this setup.

Oo I do the same. I use N, P, K, and trace too. Haha how's Ur DIY co2, I'm thinking of doin one myself but was never really a DIY person. But pressurized is so expensive.. =|

Oo I do the same. I use N, P, K, and trace too. Haha how's Ur DIY co2, I'm thinking of doin one myself but was never really a DIY person. But pressurized is so expensive.. =|

It seems to be working fine for me. Haven't really tested my levels for awhile but its pretty constant for around 2 weeks n then I'll make up a new one. Mine always starts within 30 minutes and is on its constant in about a couple hours.

Back
Top Bottom