Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-29-2012, 05:20 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercats

Well my rotala macrandra only gets red towards the top and it's pink lower and on the bottom leaves they look green and pink varigated. I'm still playing with dosing iron. Been trying Flouish liquid iron 2x week to see if it matters. I also just changed my halide bulbs from 10000K to 6000K to see if that makes a difference in how it colors up. It grows really good and is branching on its own. I think in my tank "maybe" using CO2 "might" color it up more but not sure. But also I noticed a color difference on the macrandra when I lowered my nitrate dosing and slightly upped my micro and phosphate dosing. Now the rotala wallichii is greenish for a few inches on the bottom but it's a nice light pink on all upper growth. You've got good bulbs on your tank and you could try adding a 1 bulb T5HO fixture in front of the other two and see how it goes. If your dosing El then your ferts should be fine but you'd have to watch to see if you needed to adjust your CO2.
Yeah dosing iron can be tricky! Yeah I need to play with my co2. I keep my drop checker light green or almost a greenish yellow but I need look into that a little further and figure out my perfect "equation" for my tank. I definitely can't wait to get some more colorful plant to liven my tank up

Tags
plant, plants, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com