Good websites for Rimless Aquariums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SWerner13

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm shopping around for a rimless aquarium I found glasscages but I wanna price shop / look into all my options. What are some good websites you guys have found?

If you can swing it, the ADA tanks are the best looking tanks around. I looked at quite a few before deciding to shell out the extra dough (and all I bought was a 5 gal ADA cube garden mini M).

When you look at the amazing aquascaping photo contest winners out there, they are almost always ADA tanks.

dudes at aquascapingworld.com are ALL about ADA tanks. Not sure how different they are from glass cages. Not even sure if classcages makes rimless tanks.

glasscages gave me a quote for a 20x10x10 rimless tank for 65 shipped which is less than like a 5 gallon ada cost i'm just trying to figure out if I would be paying for anything but a name from ada

thats only 8.6gallons. Before I spent $65 for a ~10g i'd just buy a 10g at Wal-Mart and take the rim off. If it broke it would suck, but if it didn't break, it would be quite a steal.

Ya I dunno I floated the idea of taking the rim off of that 36 gallon tank I had and woaaaa bad feedback on that idea. Everybody said NOOOO lol. But then again might be able to get away with it with a 10 gallon tank? I wonder how hard it would be to take off the bottom as well. But ya that might be the way to go since I can get it for dirt cheap with my discount at petland.

I've heard of success with 5.5g and with 10g's going rimless. Nothing bigger, though. Too much pressure with the bigger tanks. I'd try it. Leave it rimless outside filled with water for a week -- see if there is any bowing. I got a good .PDF of how to remove the rims off these All Glass Aquarium (AGA) tanks that WalMart/Petco/PetsMart sells. I'll try to find it.... http://www.natureaquariumclubofutah.com/How_to_Remove_the_Rim_off_a_Standard_Rimmed_Tank.pdf

I dunno if warranty's apply when I intentionally destroy a tank lol. But I think I can get it for less than 10 bucks, petland discount is cost plus 10%

If it does break you should of a warrenty on the tank anyways. If you did the wal-mart take rim off deal.

Definitely no warranty on these tanks actually. I just took off the rim to my AGA 5.5g. Attached to the tank was the warranty. No altering, no "poor maintenance", dropping it, blah blah blah

the other reason I wanted to get the 20x10x10 tank is so I don't need a new light and that will increase the amount of light getting to the bottom of the tank, surface area is the same as the 10 but with less gallons to go through.

Oh, hmm. Well. I guess it's up to you. Spending extra $55 = cutting out 2 inches.

well the idea was to get it as an anniversary present! haha ya I don't think I would shell out that cash anytime soon myself, when I do I wanna go big anyway. But after looking at your post I will probably just go that route until the time comes when I have like 600 to drop on everything I ever wanted for a planted tank lol. Which probably won't be for years at the rate I'm going.

Back
Top Bottom