gook from filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keletha

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Previously i had gravel in my aquarium, and a few days ago i changed it to aquarium sand. My filter died and i had to purchase a new one, while it was out of commission some of the junk that was in the filter has settled on the sand and i am trying to find a way to get rid of it. I have done water changes and tried to get as much of the things from the aquarium out of the water but to no avail it kinda seems impossible any advice on how to get rid of this nagging problem would be great.

Did you try to vacuum it up, just the top layer of it then wash it or put it though a straner

Welcome to AA!

I'm going to assume you have a gravel vac. If you don't, get one.

Swirl the gravel vac above the sand to stir up the waste and vacuum it up. It may take a few times, but it should work.

Thanks

I will try to get another gravel vac and see how that fairs, because I am viewing an eye sore on my pretty blue sand.

Did you use the old filter media in the new filter?

If not, you can expect your tank to cycle with a brand new filter, new media and new substrate.

Back
Top Bottom