got some flourite!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

timwag2001

Aquarium Advice FINatic
but i didnt rinse it off well enough and now it looks like i have 55 gallons of guiness..

i'm gonna post some before and afters and some inbetween pics as i go along.

how much time? i'm worried about my plants that i have to replant

a few days for it to settle down. could always do some wc's. its really dusty and should have been washed.

before destruction
100_0679.jpg

excuse me bartender... something is swimming in my guiness
100_0680.jpg

starting to clear up a little
100_0681.jpg

i cant wait to start putting the rest of my plants in there

wow that is really bad. when i put mine in it was dusty but that is a blackout. id do some pwc's then let the filter take care of the rest.

that second pic looks like mine did when i first put it in. Id just let the filter take care of it from here on out.

not harmful but just hard to see. just do some more wcs with gravel vacs to suck the dirt out.

:( i lost some fish. i lost a checkerboard and a double red. the only thing i can think of is that they might have gotten stuck under the flourite.

should i try to dig them out? if thats where they are they've been buried for a day.

once when i was doing a PWC, i was gravel vacuuming and moving it around pretty good. after the change, i was counting fish and noticed one was missing. i did some digging and one of the fish had gotten stuck under some rocks. dug him out and he's still alive and kicking!

so i found one of my fish $18 loss. my $6 dollar loss is mia.

so i just finished doing some planting. kicked up a little more dust. it's coming along though. here's the latest pic
100_0683.jpg

Back
Top Bottom