Green water...Make it go away!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would look into using two 1 gallon jugs for the DIY generation to help keep constant pressure.

I can look but off hand do you know of any thing on line that walks one through setting this particular type of set up.

Zezmo said:
I use diatomacious earth with my Magnum HOB. Gets your water super polished.

Can't beat this method, works every time! I've cleared my tanks of GW algae with a Magnum HOT or 350 filter, the "polishing" cartridge charged with diatomacious earth. Went from green fog to totally clean in a few hours.

Quick update. I did the week long black out after a huge water change. It looked so crystal clear! Amazing difference. That was then, this is now. The green water is back with a vengeance. I haven't done any of the "root cause" tactics, such as the CO2 increasing. We just had our 5th baby and things are hectic around here.

Anyway, after looking at the tank today, I was so fed-up that I told my wife I was going to the pet store to buy fake plants & new gravel & completely bag the planted tank thing. Well, I decided to go to the pool supply store & try the DE method with the Magnum HOB. 10 minutes in and I'm already seeing a huge improvement.

Quick question-the filter media from the Magnum is in a bucket of water. How much Ammonia should I feed it a day to keep the bacteria alive? I figure 6 drops or so. This is the HOB from my other tank & I'm going to order another one.

The next thing to tackle is the CO2...

Back
Top Bottom