greenish gray leaves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ryan

Aquarium Advice Freak
new plant leaves coming in very dark greenish gray colour on my rotala rotundifolia! :( somebody help i dont want to lose these plants edit:
acually the leaves are brown and green is this a potassium or iron defficiancy?

Could be either. What do you fertilize with? How much lighting on the tank? I would try potassium first, but a run down of your tank and fert routine would help a lot.

well right now my light is at 3wpg and i dose excel and use co2 and am going to get my iron and potassium ferts this weekend but am not dosing with them.i also use root tabs

Any idea what your phosphate and nitrate numbers are? With that much light I would just start an EI dosing schedule. It will save you a lot of testing and I think you will be pleased with the results.

Ryan

I would suggest starting by adding 20ppm Potassium after a 50% water change. Add 20ppm Nitrate and 2 ppm phosphate each week divided into 3 doses on allternate days. Add a trace mix like flourish on alternate days to about .15 ppm FE. Do a 50% water change each week and keep your CO2 levels steady. You can adjust the dosing later depending on how your plants are doing.

Rich

Back
Top Bottom