growing aponogeton boivinianus or crinum natas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bhavik95

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi there i have a 200L tank with 2 25watts fluval aquasky can add glut if need be.
with a sand substrate

Just wanted to ask which is easier to grow aponogeton boivinianus or crinum natans. I have heard people say that aponogeton boivinianus is easy to grow but then have heard that is harder to grow as well so not sure if i should but it or not :/

The sand is quite deep I would say about 4 inches
Anyone out there that has had experience with these plants and can give me more information?

The sand is quite deep I would say about 4 inches
Anyone out there that has had experience with these plants and can give me more information?

I grow Aponogeton Ulvaceus and Crispus. Both of those are very easy to grow . I grow them in medium light and dose occasionally with PMDD or Flourish and i use Osmocote root tabs
Pic is one of the ulvaceus I grew out from the bulb .
IMG_5776.jpg

Oh ok thank you! Is that gravel you grow it in? Do you think it will be fine in my tank with sand and the type of lighting I have? I meant I could add a t8 tube of 30w if need be?
I can add roof tabs if need be and I dose lush max sometimes

Oh ok thank you! Is that gravel you grow it in? Do you think it will be fine in my tank with sand and the type of lighting I have? I meant I could add a t8 tube of 30w if need be?
I can add roof tabs if need be and I dose lush max sometimes

Mine are grown in Eco Complete/Regular gravel mix.
I would say sand is OK. Many plant heads use sand for their substrate. With sand, I would definitely recommend some root tabs. I use DIY Osmocote tabs. Very easy to make but I don't have the time. For what they cost, I pay someones labor and buy them off Ebay.
Here is a link for the tabs on Ebay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/100-Osmoco...178172&hash=item41996a2543:g:eCYAAOSwKIpWBrWA

Ok i’ll defo do that and would they survive with added co2? As I don’t use it it’s a pretty low tech tank

I’ve also seen some easy life root sticks are these any good?

I use this stuff:
71GTyF5yhUL._SY550_.jpg

I use this stuff:
71GTyF5yhUL._SY550_.jpg

Are those any good?

never used them, Just the osmocote ,

Seachem makes tabs also but they are Mucho Money

Oh ok I have been using the miracle grow all purpose plant food it looks like osmocote. Is this any good? Only problem I am having and hence don’t like using them is the yellow beads only don’t dissolve so when you disturb the substrate a billion of these yellow beads pop out.
Do you have that problem?

Back
Top Bottom