Guess the plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

russianaquarium

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello, So i bought a moneywort plant and in the pot it had this grass type plant growing on the bottom of the pot. I decided to keep it thinking maybe it will grow like grass and i could make a carpet out of it... but everytime i bury it in the substrate in a few days its floating around... I bury it everytime deeper some stay some don't. It also grows extremely slowly, what is it and is it worth keeping and wasting time on it... thanks

Attachments

• DSCF0173.jpg
    DSCF0173.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 60
  • DSCF0174.jpg
    DSCF0174.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 74
I dont know its really short but in Pictures of the echenadorus it seems very tall and why isnt it growing.. It just sits there its not loosing color or anything it just doesnt seem to grow... Thanks

I used to have this plant as a carpet plant. Can't remember what it's called but it's not a really fast grower. I had high light and pressurised co2 and it was still pretty slow

Just remembered the name its lilaeopsis. Requires good light and co2 and ferts. Apparently not an easy plant to grow

What did you do? I do add the API leaf zone weakly well i just got it last week lol but will it help?

High light pressurised co2 and dry fert dosing to EI method. I don't use any liquid ferts I mix the dry powder myself. It's a hard plant to grow is stick to easier plants until u get used to the needs of plants etc. planted tanks require a lot of research to be successful

Awesome thanks cus i just bought some haha and how will it help the other plants, will i notice a change...

Plants love carbon so over the next week or 2 you should notice a lot stronger growth and they should be looking healthier. Make sure your also dosing your leaf zone aswell.

So, is it a nice plant to have? and will it carpet itself? And how tall does it grow? Thanks

Won't get much taller than that. Will carpet with the right conditions not a bad foreground plant to start with. It should send out runners under the substrate and more leaves will appear through the substrate.

Back
Top Bottom