Guppy grass ideas:D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaiofcanada

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Okay, I have seen some amazing aquascaping on this forum and I would love some ideas/inspiration!

I have a bunch of guppy grass and a bit less of java moss. I would like to use it in my aquascaping but I don't want to just let it float and go wild. Any ideas on how I could tether it, bunch it, plant it or use it in a way in my aquascaping? Same for the java moss...although I have seen some appealing ideas of wrapping it around stones and having moss covered fixtures.

Let the creativity roll.:idea::bulb::idea::bulb::idea::bulb::idea:

img_1012890_0_4f8397e82200e7c790c3cabe5bd9f1a5.jpg

So like.. can the fish actually swim through that thickness?

Now thats awesome. How is it that they can swim through? Because it looks pretty hairy in there. Is it open space in there and it just looks clumped up?

Well excuse me.. lol. Thank god im not the insane one asking a QUESTION and not trying to TALK TO FISH. k.

okay okay...maybe these will help. I want to fill the holes and hide the filter intake from view as well as the heater. Heater seems easy to just move it to the bottom middle and place it horrizontally.

Keep in mind that everything is just growing in and should fill out in the next month or so...

I was thinking to use the guppy grass to fill hole on the left or in the center and move the tiger lotus up since it's gonna be huge-ish. I would rather it not be a ball of leaves. Hoping for some ideas on how to sculpt it and use plastic wire/strips to guide its growth. Ideas???

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 272
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 214
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 290
  • Aqua fullview 1 labeled.jpg
    Aqua fullview 1 labeled.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 4,495
guppy grass will go all over and anywhere. its hard to keep it exactly where you want it. you might just want to wait a little bit before hand see how it looks when it grows in.

I plan on pruning it...as I have to do this every couple weeks for the cabomba and wisteria anyways. I will probably be offering cutting in the next couple of weeks as this would be the second time I have cut them both back and replanted them.

Any other ideas for fillers?

personally i would try some crypts that will add some color. there are also other stem plants that will work if you want to keep having to prune.

i think it looks good. i dont have any experience with guppy grass. i've never had it. the only thing i would suggest is maybe some type of val behind the baby tears. i think once the rest grow in more it will look great.

it's hard to hide the filter intake since anything you put near it will get stuck to it and then clog it and reduce the ability of the filter.

oh and i would also change the background to just a solid color (usually black or a very dark blue) instead of a picture. i think it totally takes away from YOUR aquascaping when you see a picture of what someone else thought looks good.

i think it looks good. i dont have any experience with guppy grass. i've never had it. the only thing i would suggest is maybe some type of val behind the baby tears. i think once the rest grow in more it will look great.

it's hard to hide the filter intake since anything you put near it will get stuck to it and then clog it and reduce the ability of the filter.

:D...I did some new scaping. My friend gave me some nice plants, so I was inspired a bit. This is what I came up with. I tethered the guppy grass with a plant tie to the heater cord.
I had a val that melted with excel :(...so until I get my new CO2 system which comes next week I don't dare put another in the tank. I was very sad when it died.

Here are the new plants...and,...

I am also getting one of these :) http://diszhal.info/novenyek/images/Aponogeton_madagascariensis3.jpg
and one of these http://diszhal.info/novenyek/images/Barclaya_longifolia2.jpg

Attachments

• leaning aqua 1.jpg
    leaning aqua 1.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 196
i would totally pass on the lace plant. they get way to big and will block the light from all the other plants. you will have a hard enough time with the amazon sword in there.

i'll send ya a couple vals when you start up the co2.

Back
Top Bottom