Had to redo the discus tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zagz

Aquarium Advice Addict
Due to algae issues and I wanted to rehome my kuhli loaches to the 135, have you ever tried to catch loaches in a fully planted tank? :rolleyes:

Somewhat crappy before pic.
dscf5089.jpg

Now, once it all grows in better it should be ok.
dscf5096.jpg

I hd a hard time catching the kuhli loaches out of my 10 gal bare bottom tank....lol. I do NOT envy that task...what an adventure that must have been!

The tank looks nice though. :)

Very cool, and I know what you mean about catching fish. It takes quite a bit of patience. Can't wait to see the tank all grown in.

To catch 7 kuhli loaches I ended up having to remove everything from the tank! What an ordeal. Glad I don't have to do that very often. It made the tank quite cloudy for a while. And loaches are not the most cooperative. :roll:

I just saw several kinds of discus up close for the first time today at a new (to me) LFS. They really are something special. I wish I had a tank large enough for them...

looks beautiful...can i ask what temp you keep it at and ph

Hi,

I've been flicking through my set of Amano aquascaping books in the last few days for some inspiration for a new project ive got coming up.

I've never been into discus before but WOW that man really loves to give them a happy home that actually leads to them breeding etc.

I don't know if you have seen them, am i allowed to scan some pics and post them being they are copyrighted material?

John

I don't know if you have seen them, am i allowed to scan some pics and post them being they are copyrighted material?

You may not scan and post copyright material without permission from the owner. It would violate the copyright of the owner.

Back
Top Bottom