hagen co2 ladder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nitrous

Aquarium Advice FINatic
well i got my hagen co2 system yesterday and i started the mixture last night and this morning i began to see bubbles but they dont go up the ladder. they stay on the first ladder step and sit there but i guess its not bad because it just lets it concentrate into the water better instead of going up and popping at the water level then when it gains enough bubbles into one it goes to the top and pops and it hits my bio balls that are hung onto the filter is that bad? the co2 will just go itno the bio balls and then itll stay in the water kind of?

Mine did the same thing when I first set it up. After a few days the bubbles started moving all the way up the ladder, though I'm not sure why it takes a while for that to start happening. When the bubbles move up the ladder you should be able to see them get smaller and smaller as they go. Just sitting stuck in one place won't do much good unless there is a decent amount of current to dissolve them into the water.

If the bubbles travel up the ladder and into the output of the filter, then I would say you have a good setup. Just keep an eye on your KH and pH to see how your Co2 levels are doing.

Mine did the same thing with the bubbles sticking in one place, it turned out that the ladder wasn't level, as soon as i leveled it, they started climbing to the top.

When first setup those ladders are a bit too clean, so the bubble kinda stick to them instead gliding up the incline. After awhile the ladder will accumulate a coating which will allow the bubbles to flow better. Once things get going, if you find that the bubbles are going too fast, too slow, or getting stuck then it's time to play with the tilt of the ladder. I always found that it worked better when it was a few degrees off of level.

i find that mine went up way to fast when i first set it up but then it started getting a little dirty and my oto loved sitting on it and letting the bubbles hit him in the head and they started rolling perfectly for some reason lol. i find that 3 or 4 bubbles are usually stuck near the top but when the next bubble hits the stuck ones one pops up the ladder and goes out the top. since i changed the lixture a few days ago it seems to be producing a little better. i let it go four weeks and i think that was a little to long.

Back
Top Bottom