Half planted half bare tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well a lot of people who have breeding tanks will have barebottom tanks and Discus keepeers will have bare bottom tanks. So its not like its not healthy.. it just looks unfinished. I say either go completely bare or full substrate. But i like symmetry.

maybe add a color background but instead of placing it in the back, place it on the bottom of tank? just another idea!

I wish I thought of that before setting up the tank. I would have put a black background under the tank, I guess it be called a underground? The tank doesnt stay bare that long, my geophagus routinely sand all over the place, so it gets covered in a day or two.

What about something not as extreme, like one side densely planted with tall plants and the other just low lying things like driftwood or slate - and gravel the whole tank

is anyone else seeing the random *beep*'s throughout people's posts? I'm confused, what is this?
EX:
I *beep* of that before setting up the tank. I would have *beep* black background under the tank, I guess it be called a underground? The tank doesnt stay bare that long, my geophagus routinely sand all over the place, so it gets covered in a day or two.

I've noticed it in lots of other posts...AA seems a bit cranky lately, probably just a little glitch or something.

Yeah, thats some fucking bullshit, why are they bleeping the work wish? I mean, I could understand ****, ****, or cock, but wish?

Well the cichlids have almost covered the bare side with sand. It seems to get covered at a rate of once a week.

anythingscales said:
Well the cichlids have almost covered the bare side with sand. It seems to get covered at a rate of once a week.

see... they like it covered. :wink:

Hehe I guess they do!

The geophagus spit sand everywhere. Its the funniest when they spit sand into my other fish's face.

Back
Top Bottom