Hardscape advice for beginner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

graveey

Aquarium Advice Newbie
100 Litres (26 US Gallons)
L 70cm x D 35cm x H 45 cm (27.5" X 14" X 18")

Hey guys this is the first time I've attempted setting up an aquarium let alone an aquascape so I could use some of your advice please. I bought these pieces of wood the other day and after arranging them to get an idea of what it will look like I am worried that they may be too small for the tank (ignore the boxes, they are just to portray the height of the hills that the wood will be on).

What do you guys think? Would I be better off with larger/thicker pieces of wood or am I over thinking this all? Would pieces of wood this size create too much free space in the tank or will it create a nice large sense of scale?

Sorry if this seems trivial to all of you, I just want to make sure I don't make any mistakes early on and have a disproportioned tank :) Thanks

Attachments

• driftwoody.jpeg
    driftwoody.jpeg
    88.7 KB · Views: 58
Personally, I think I would tie them together to make one larger piece of driftwood. Try arranging them so it gives a bit more height. It'll give you a good presence in a corner of your aquarium and you can fill around it with plants.

Nice driftwood btw :)

Agreed with Mebbid. I like the surface area coverage that you've got going, but once you lay the substrate you'll appreciate having the wood visible above other plants, and more carpet/floor plants up front.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom