Hardy plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
+1 on Anubias. I once kept some in a bucket on my balcony for several months without ever changing the water and they survived fine, minus some yellowing. Java fern is also extremely hardy.

It's very easy to grow but don't be surprised if a turtle doesn't tear it up. My adult daughter kept various species of water turtles for years and I finally stopped trying to use plants in the tank.

Typical men... you just can appreciate all the hard work the women do to keep the plants trimmed and the tank properly decorated!

You know a lot of people say Java fern is easy to grow and hardy... mine aren't growing.. they grow lots of runner.. but the main plant has a lot of brown blotches on it... and the plant itself is just looking ugly... Im thinking of throwing mine away honestly.. lol

You know a lot of people say Java fern is easy to grow and hardy... mine aren't growing.. they grow lots of runner.. but the main plant has a lot of brown blotches on it... and the plant itself is just looking ugly... Im thinking of throwing mine away honestly.. lol

Few people know Java Ferns actually like higher phosphates. I keep my levels at 5-10ppm and my Java Ferns do very well and actually grow without producing many daughter plants at all.

Back
Top Bottom