Haven't been around lately, here are my tanks now!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newfound77951

Aquarium Advice Addict
Haven't been around this forum much but am starting to poke around again. Thought I'd update folks on my 2 planted tanks. One is the 55 gallon I started in 2006, and the other is a brand new 36 corner that I just set up. The 55 is a medium light tank (2x96 watt PCs but with 50:50 bulbs) and the 36 is high light (2x65 watt PCs, 1 10000K and 1 50:50).
P1070510.JPG

P1070835.JPG

Nice to see you here again :) Your tanks look completely different from the last time that I saw pics. What is that grassy plant in the back, middle area? Of course if it's as high as the 55 gallon tank, it would not fit in my 10 gallon!

The grassy plant in the middle background of the 55 is Cryptocoryne spiralis. It isn't quite as tall as it looks as the picture was taken from above the tank a little, but it still might be a little tall for a 10g!

It's in the ball park, but I wouldn't say it's accurate. My camera doesn't quite know what to do with the fluorescent bulbs. The blue rainbows look fantastic under the bluer light, though. When I first switched I thought it was a little cold and un-natural looking (I had one 10000K and one 6500K before) but I quickly got used to it and now I really like the look. The 36 has 1/4 actinic and 3/4 10000K and looks "warmer", although the color of the substrate has something to do with that as well.

Back
Top Bottom