HC dry start advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is it large enough to remove and replant? You'll find that cuttings tend have a tendency to grow quicker. Even if the new left is buried slightly it should still grow.
No not even close its the tiniest thing lol

Up to you then bud. Give it more time if you're hopeful.
I think I will probably just do both. I'll grab some more and keep this stuff planted as well. It will help with the fertilizer load as well I imagine.

I think I will probably just do both. I'll grab some more and keep this stuff planted as well. It will help with the fertilizer load as well I imagine.

I'd ditch it to be honest. Dying plants don't take up any nutrients and just bring on algae blooms. Get some new HC and start it submerged and just crank the co2 right up.

I'd ditch it to be honest. Dying plants don't take up any nutrients and just bring on algae blooms. Get some new HC and start it submerged and just crank the co2 right up.
Why would it bring on an algae bloom? As far as I know it would just make ammonia? Which would be good for my new filter wouldn't it?

Why would it bring on an algae bloom? As far as I know it would just make ammonia? Which would be good for my new filter wouldn't it?

Ammonia triggers blooms that's why if a fish dies in a planted tank you get a bloom. I used to have a picture in my old thread of a Cory that died and the glass behind it was sprayed with green algae like a Little bomb had gone off. It really was quite interesting

However plants will absorb ammonia to a point. Carpet plants like HC etc wouldn't use up much nutrients unless it was a full carpet. Do you have any other tanks set up ?

However plants will absorb ammonia to a point. Carpet plants like HC etc wouldn't use up much nutrients unless it was a full carpet. Do you have any other tanks set up ?
I used to have a very successful planted but I could never get hc to work due to fish so I'm having another go now
1487729316635.jpg

Back
Top Bottom