Heating for plants..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gundy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well this past week has been getting rather good with some crazy temperature drops. I don't currently have a heater in my 20L planted but the temperature bounces between 64-68. With the morning being around 64 and then the afternoon/evening it'll sit around 68-70.

Should I invest in a heater for the aquarium? I know most plants are 68-74. But I know as it gets colder I'd like to keep the tank healthy.

I would say to get a heater to just to keep the temp constant. I think that consistancy is the key with temp.

I've got a dwarf apisto pair on the backburner so I splurged for a heater this afternoon. What temp should I keep it at ? 78?

Does the temperature need to be higher for this fish? I think I was reading they require 79-84. Just not sure on how it'll affect my plants too.

related questions:

i have two 150watt stealth heaters for my 55Gallon tank.

At night the temps drop to 74 and raise to 79-80 by the time the lights go out.

Is this temperature variance too much?

I keep my apistos at 80F.

Alt raise your temp to 78F and the variance will be much reduced, less stress on the fish.

i currently have each heater set to 79, although i never trust the thermostats on the heaters, should i jsut turn both of them up a bit?

Back
Top Bottom