Helferi is suffering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thever

Aquarium Advice Activist
My 10 gallon tank is home to some java moss, riccia, and pogostemon helferi. I redid my scape after big problems with algae and green water. My water clarity is still not good and my helferi looks BAD. My riccia is tied down to stones and looks fantastic color wise- no pearling though

The helferi has some green, lot of brown tint and yellowing leaves, but seems to have growth.

I have ecco complete substrate and diy co2(soon to be pressurized) and shooting close to 40 watts of light. I do have ferts and my dosing is out of wack right now as my nitrates are pretty high 10-20, but not sure about the other things like phosphates and potassium.

I was but things got messed up somehow and now I'm not sure where my levels are at. I do have potassium and phosphate and a trace. Should I do a decent size wc and start things over. I think my varying co2 is a problem, but that will be addressed shortly.

If its started melting, fwiw I don't know of any method that will stop it. Its just leave alone and pray it grows back. (And if it does, you'll get a bush there instead of a single plant.) Mysterious Downoi melt is probably why some people consider it a difficult plant when in reality it is super easy once established.

Back
Top Bottom