Help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smoked

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I was looking to get some anacharis for my 55g tank. Only problem is I now live in Washington and come to find out its illegal here. Anyone have any information on this and why. Also how I can find some?

Due to it being a noxious weed you won't be able to order online, unless you go through a person that is not affiliated with a business which would be highly illegal. I'm not sure if local stores can have a permit to sell the plant or not though because we don't have this restriction in Texas. Is there a reason why you want this specific plant rather than one that looks similar?

I thought the species as a whole was band here? More info if you have any

I thought the species as a whole was band here? More info if you have any

The petcos and petsmarts sell anarcharis In Texas, and im able to get it shipped here if i wanted. Having these restrictions is a good thing though, it protects the beauty of our natural environments here and helps prevent one invasive species from obliterating our ecosystems. What about rotala rotundifolia?

Last edited:
Ok did some more research and its Egeria densa that is illegal. There is a species that is native to Washington call Elodea canadensis that is fine. I understand why none native species are illegal but if there is already a native version here I wonder why one is allowed and one is not?

Back
Top Bottom